CHAPTER THREE | THE BREAK-IN

Alex dropped his gun on the center table and left the living room to wake the guys up. It was five in the evening, they always make sure they had a nap before leaving for a robbery; so that they can have all the energy they needed.

It was their tradition.

Their boss, Michael, had gone to the house earlier to inspect it and everything was perfect.

They weren't that bothered about the robbery because it was going to be easy for them.

He had asked John to find out if anyone would visit the house that very day.

After some investigation were carried out, he found out that they wouldn't be any visitors. It was a jackpot for them.

Alex on the other hand, didn't want to do it especially after he saw what John did to Charles. He was newly recruited into the job and killing wasn't what he signed himself up for.

He was glad John killed the man, he wouldn't have done it if he was asked to.

He only took this job because he wanted to pay his mother's hospital bills, unemployment was what got him into it.

He was glad when he heard that it was going to be an easy robbery for them, which means no killing; which he hated.

But then again, some things are just too good to be true. He brushed the thought aside and focused on the positive side.

They loaded their gun in the trunk of their cars and drove off. They parked their car behind the house and emerged from it.

Nick, opened the back door of the mansion, with his tools. They maneuvered into the house with no care in the world only to stop due to a car sound that they heard.

"I thought you said nobody was visiting the house!" Michael whisper-yelled.

"That was the information I got boss." John said, wiping off sweat from his forehead.

"Well your informant was fucking wrong! Shit! How many are they?" Asked Nick, rubbing his temple nervously.

Alex, whom was quiet the whole time, shaking from the sudden revelation spoke. "We are not going to kill them, right?"

"Will you shut the heck up?! Is that what you are worried about? Boss, where did you pick this freaking thing from?" John asked, frustratingly.

"They same place I picked you up, now shut up! We need a plan, they are three in number. I thinks it's his daughter and her two kids. We have to tie them up somewhere and get this over with. Nick, you sure you have your tools, because this whole operations' faith is in your hands."

"I'm ready boss!"

"Let's do this!"

***

It was 8pm when they got to the house, Roselyn sighed from exhaustion. They alighted the car, got their bags from the trunk and moved into the house, the mansion was really huge.

It had a very spacious compound with multiple trees in it, it literally looked like a forest; in a good way.

They dropped their bags in the rooms that they chose and laid down to rest.

Roselyn stepped out with a cup of wine and settled down on the bench by the side of the garage.

She was going through her phone when she heard a strange sound, she looked around the area but didn't see anything.

Sofia called her a few minutes later and said she'd be coming over to the mansion so Roselyn could sign some papers regarding the house.

She was about to step back in when somebody pounced on her.

Nick held her down with all of his strength, yet, she struggled and freed herself. She took her wine glass and broke it on his head.

He punched her on the rib and tried to tie her up, which resulted him getting hit with stone.

He became unconscious due to the hit, she tied him up and dragged him into the forest. She ran back to get her kids only to see them being tied up through the living room sliding glass door.

She tried to shoot the door so she could get in, but it didn't work, she forgot that it was bullet proof.

John ran out to grab her but she ran into the forest and hid. She sat down and cried her eyes out, yelling in frustration.

She wondered what they were looking for, the only thing valuable was the money. And her father didn't mention it to anyone but Sofia.

And she knows that Sofia would never betray her, which means, that had been following her father or tracking him.

She didn't care about the money, they could have it if they wanted, but, nothing should happen to her children.

She would kill for them, she got herself out of her self pity and got up. She needed to do something, sitting down and feeling sorry for herself wasn't going to work.

So, with determination, she approached the now conscious Nick to get some answers. To know what the heck was going on.

***

Hello lovelies❤

What do you think of the book so far?

I'm so disappointed that there wasn't any comment on the last chapter. It wouldn't take much of your time to comment what you think of the book or a particular chapter.

If you haven't read chapter two, please do and also comment. If I get at least Ten comments on both chapters, I'll update tomorrow. Yes! Tomorrow. Let's get it!❤