one

I huffed softly as my fingernails tapped onto the desk located in the corner of the silent classroom. Only five more minutes, that's all I need. I'm so close.

Six

Five

Four

Three

Two..

I shot out of my seat immediately as the loud shrilling bell rang throughout the school notifying our acceptance of leave. I couldn't wait to get home already. Everyone was speaking of their outfits for the masquerade ball upcoming this saturday and of course I was not to attend. People from my school aren't particularly the people I hangout with, well with the exception of Karlie.

Karlie and I have been friends since as long as I can remember. She sticks with me through thick and thin, plus we both love spending our friday nights with our cats and watching greys anatomy while crying over meredith and mcdreamy.

Sadly my mcdreamy will never even acknowledge my existence. Harry Styles, yes the Harry Styles. The boy with the dreamy smile with the curve of his lip nearly forming a mysterious arrogant smile that makes your insides melt. The boy whose eyes are as green as leaves, with hair falling into his eyes yet perfectly framing his face.

However, with all good things comes a down side to all. He has a girlfriend, well, a supposed girlfriend whom also happens to be part of a rich family looking for another rich family so they can joice in even more money and success. So they could be set up, or they could just be the love birds they are.

It's quite rare to ever see Harry Styles with a smile on his face, I hope he never frowns though, it would hurt to see him frown.

On to other things, I mustn't attend the ball because I have netflix and I have karlie which are just as great as dressing up in a fancy outfit and trying to impress a boy who will only try to get in my pants afterwards.

I make my way out of the classroom with a sigh, my backpack hanging low on my back nearly covering the pleated plaid skirt that covers my body. Our uniforms are pretty unattractive. Blouses with plaid ties and plaid skirts, but I like to mix it up a bit with some tights and maybe a cardigan or sweater over it.

My shoulder collides with another's and my books fall to the ground. As I lean down to the carpeted floor with reddened cheeks of embarrassment I hear someone curse under their breath and watch as two large hands grasp onto the books on the floor and pick them up. It seems my books got mixed up with the other person's, because I was missing my copy of Charles Bukowski's collection of poetry.

I shove my other books to my chest as my eyes rake up the appearance of the person standing before me, but I can't help my eyes widening as I take notice that the person standing before me is in fact the one boy I dream about everyday.

Harry's lips lift into a small smile of genuine sweetness as his eyes read over the cover of my book that he mistakenly picked up. The moment I had waited years for struck me with shock as his green eyes met my typical blue ones.

"You like Bukowski? Wow, lovely taste," My lips parted yet no one words escaped as he finished speaking.

Before I could embarrass myself further, I grabbed my book and let my feet lead me off to another door that exited the building.

My knuckles colored of a flesh white as my hands gripped onto the handle of my beaten up blue pickup truck. I could feel my breathing rapidly increasing through my lungs.