Chapter One: Undecided

I can hear the two of them beneath me as i sit under the moonlight, a light smirk on my face as i tune the instrument in my hands. Things hadn't always been like this, hell compared to everyone else in Aah, Fionna the world-famous hero was still a fairly new thing.

        Back when we first heard about her, she was still a kid. Gumball and i where...well i'm not really sure if we where anything. Point being that was before the fucking pole grew up his ass, and back when he could actually loosen up and have fun. Point being whatever the hell it was we where is done and over with, so let's just get back to the main part of the story here, sound cool?

        Cool.

        Point being, she was just a kid at the time, and her 'parents' where already famous at the time, teaching them their heroic ways or some shit, and eventually dying and leaving her and cake orphans. Not like that really changed their lives at all. Word had spread about the two raising a human child they had found in the forest, and most didn't even know what humans where until myself and a few others explained.

        Fionna, as most know, grew up significantly from the baby girl they found and raised.

        Gumbutt freaked out at first, but when she got older and started adventuring, and getting good at it, he introduced himself and well...point being drew her in with his....impeccable charm.

        Okay you can laugh at that one.

        No? Too afraid to laugh at his sugary Highness? Suit yourself.

        And Fionna, as the story's always go, saved candy kingdom and blah blah blah, is now a famous hero blah.

        And i'm sitting on her roof, plucking at a few strings in attempt to write a new song that so far only has a melody. Words in this situation seem to fail me.

        I can hear fionna's laugh from below me, and smirk again, throwing my ax over my shoulder. I float down to her window, peaking in for a moment. i saw her yawn, crawling into bed, Cake pawing into her Drawer...bed...thing.

        The two where asleep in a matter of minutes, i myself not bored enough to try and scare the two, flew off back to my house.

        I was up in my room again in a moment or two, thinking over in my head about anything this melody in my brain could fit to. it was a fairly slow one, that sounded great in my head but anything i fit it to didn't seem to work right.

        i floated myself over to my desk, splitting open my lyric book and thumbing through the pages, opening to a new page and labeling it "UNDECIDED." in all capital letters, since it didn't really have a title or idea to it yet. A minute or so later i had scribbled down the notes, and left space for whatever lyrics they might have.

       The rest of the night was spent attempting to write the fucking thing, crumpled up scraps of paper covering the floor. Nothing seemed to fit this fucking song.

        Out of sheer boredom and lack of inspiration, i started going through my things, old photos and t-shirts, some of myself and Simone, others just of random shit this planet had before the mushroom war.

        Then i found it, and i stared at it for a long moment, sort of swimming in nostalgia for a stupid second before reaching for my lyric book again, finally scribbling down a hand-full of words that somehow made sense.

        i ended up falling asleep before the sun even came up, sleeping all day as per usual, the photo i had found bookmarking the page i had labeled "UNDECIDED", that had brought the whole thing together. Or at least started the fucking thing.

        I don't technically think i had ever really written something like this before, but the words made their way onto the page before i even knew what i was writing. i guess that's how songwriting just works sometimes.

        The day rolled past quickly as i slept, arising once more when the moon rose, giving a loud yawn and going downstairs to decidedly get something to eat. After a brief moment of deciding whether or not to suck the red from the cherries or strawberries in my fridge, i decided on both. because why not.

       I plopped the lyric book onto my kitchen counter, pages splitting apart and opening to the marked page, the photo sticking promptly out and looking me in the face, as if willing me to continue it. Now that they where so plainly in front of me, the only phrase that i had managed to write popped out to me.

        being completely alone in the whole mess, i hummed the melody a bit, murmuring the lyrics beneath my breath

        "Never...did i...think...that i'd see such a...hideous layer of pink...beneath my...eyelids..." i murmured slightly, growing in volume "I see you when i sleep...your face is etched into the...moon....the moon..." I thought for a moment, singing the first thing that came to mind "Your charm it catches all...and....gets em fall...en..for you...for you..."

        The chorus hit me, ripping from my lungs "Your beauty's pre-provided...i'm feeling so two-sided...in all the fights i have incited...i'm left so undecided..." I grabbed the nearest pen, scribbling down the lyrics that had managed to spill from my lips. I suppose this is something no one else would get to hear. Emotional shit like this tends to stay within the boundaries of the thick pages of that journal.

        Most of the stuff that makes it out is just spur of the moment, like the thing with the fries or the time with the door. Now that one was a close call.  A really fucking close call.

        Of course the forest party was just harmless flirting and messing around with fionna. I was honestly surprised how pissed she was at me faking my own death. Girl's a sweetheart when she wants to be but damn she hits hard for a human.

          I should do that more often. Messing with fionna i mean. She's pretty fucking adorable when she's mad. Not like i have a thing for her or whatever, it's just kind of hilarious to see her react to shitty pickup-lines, only to end up laughing afterwords, knowing it was just another joke. Fionna was chill like that, not stuck up like gumbutt.

        Yep. I was going to mess with fionna today.

        Might get me out of this...mood. Whatever the hell this is.

        ________________________________________________________________

        SO yyyyaaayyy i'm doing something not homestuck related!! :D

        I'm a huge adventure time fan, and in this particular one, its NOT a gumballxmarshallee thing, in this case, that was a thing of the past that will be further explained LATER and might make awkwardies LATER, and as you can guess from the cover, this is going to be a fiolee thign!! (porpoise-ly misspelled that BTW)

        and also the thing marshall's singing is something i actually have a melody in my head for, and i'm just like "Welp let's make it adventure time" so this happened.

        And much like marshall's song, i had the idea to do a fiolee, but had no idea what to call it, so for kind of a save file i called it "undecided" and it stuck, and then song happened and then...yeah.

        So fanfiction happened.

        my first non-homestuck fanfic :D

        I hope the peoples of the Internets enjoy!

        -fakegingerponytail/Shannon