Chapter Two: A friend visits

*Fionna's POV*

         I rolled lazily out of bed, giving a big yawn as the sun blared through the window, hitting me in the face like a fresh punch from the morning. Refreshing.

        My feet made their way through the tree-house, Cake was already downstairs, probably making breakfast. Honestly i was still half asleep and didn't really know what it was until i was eating it.

        "Thanks cake" i mumbled between bites

        "No problem sweet-cakes!" she chuckled as she cleaned up what was left of the mess, grabbing my backpack and throwing it to me. I caught it by the strap, slinging it over my shoulder "Ready to go hon?"

        I nodded, shoveling the rest of the food into my mouth a bit too ungracefully, and pulling out my sword, slinging on the other arm.

        "Let's go then"

         There was nothing in particular too exiting about that day, just the normal adventures, finding this thing and that, saving an elf named Jerry from a creepy old witch lady. The usual. After a long day of adventuring, it was home again to play on BMO, who had presented us with a new game that had been found under piles and piles of things under the house. 

        It was about some little blue man who went through mazes and blasted stuff with a laser. Cake and i took turns on it since it was a one player game, and between the two of us, we got almost through the whole thing.

          Then of course all of the candles went out.

        I tensed up a bit, reaching for my sword beside me, scanning the tree house. Cake hissed, her hair standing on end, making her get all puffy. I heard a low chuckle, and i dropped my sword with an eye-roll "Really Marshall?" i mumbled

        he floated from a window, laughing "Oh you're no fun fi."

        "Whatever" i laughed in return "Where the math have you been?"

        "Roaming Aah i suppose.." he shrugged, leaning back on the air and floating around "Searching for inspiration to create some new jams."

        "Sweet" i smiled a bit, sitting back again "Find anything?"

        "Yeah...i guess you could say that." he shrugged, looking briefly uncharacteristically awkward for a split second, quickly covering it up with a cool look "Still tryin to smooth it over though, but it's pretty rad so far."

        "What's with the face?" I pointed out bluntly

        "What face? My totally hot face~?"

        "Oh shut your face, i saw that weird look!" I put my hands on my hips, i think for a second, putting my hands on my cheeks with a curious look "Oooooh is it ABOUT someone?" i suggest with a smirk and a teasing tone, his cheeks flush at the suggestion, but he shakes his head, shaking off the question as well

        "Nah, just about cool stuff obviously"

        "Sing what you have so far than" i crossed my arms, determined to get it out of him

        "Oh heck no, i ain't showing an unfinished project." he scoffed with an eye-roll "Cant quite release that to the fans~"

        "Whatever" i laughed "Wanna play BMO?"

        "Sure" he shrugged, floating behind me and cake, landing on the couch and grabbing the controller "So what's the game?"

        "Don't know what it's called,"i shrugged  "but we're on the boss at level three."