~1~ Past

Hi. I decided to write this because I'm currently obsessed with Slugterra. For those Elixie fans, there might be a little romance, because I ship them too. :) Hope you guys like it!

Terralynn's POV:

They say your home is where your heart is, but that didn't occur to me. Not after what happened many years ago. That was a mistake.

I lived in a cavern with my family. The people there were rich, had exquisite items, and were all high-society; at least, that's what I thought.

My family were no different. We owned a big house, had everything we wanted, and people who helped to serve and work for my parents in this huge home.

Although I was young, I knew what was going on around the house, my home cavern and around Slugterra. I didn't spend my time ordering people around, buying new clothes or jewelry, or anything like that. I wasn't a helpless, defenseless girl who needed everything done for her, or a spoilt brat who looked down on everyone. No. That was definitely not me.

Ever since young, slug slinging was my life, dancing was my passion, music was my getaway from the world, and slugs were my best friends. My parents never had time for me; they were too busy with their jobs, so that gave me a lot of free time to myself.

I owned an ice blue book, which had my name on the cover. It was a gift from my parents on my birthday. The only gift I ever would receive. It had blank white pages inside, waiting to be filled with stuff, so I used it as my personal journal.

I had many books about slugs, slug slinging, blasters and Slugterra itself. Every single thing I read from those books went into my journal, neatly organised and planned out according to the layout. I loved reading too. Learning whatever I could about my home helped me a lot. If I learned something new, it went straight into my journal.

When I was four, I made a blaster for myself; a purple, uniquely designed blaster that was the perfect size and weight for me. However, before I had begun to sling slugs, I had to collect some of my own, and it was actually quite fun experiencing it for myself.

There were some slugs that I didn't collect. I retrieved them from other kids who were older than my age after challenging them to a duel. They found me crazy; a four-year-old, dueling with others more than three times her age? That was a little hard to believe...for them, anyway.

Most of the time, I won the duel, and that put my opponent in a state of shock that he or she lost to a young girl. I took that time to select the slug I wanted from their collection, then walk back home, satisfied with my new slug. I would always give my slugs names, too. It was one way of bonding with them.

In total, these were the slugs I had: an Aquabeek, Arachnet, Armashelt, Boon Doc, Bubbaleone, Dirt Urchin, Fandango, Flaringo, Flatulorhinkus, Flopper, Forgesmelter, Frightgeist, Frostcrawler, Geoshard, Grenuker, Hop Rock, Hoverbug, Hypnogrif, Infurnus, Jellyish, Lariat, Lavalynx, Negashade, Neotox, Phosphoro, Polero, Rammstone, Sand Angler, Slicksilver, Slyren, Speedstinger, Tazerling, Thresher, Tormato, Toxis, and a Vinedriller.

All that time I had was spent on practicing slug slinging, dancing, creating, my own music and chatting or playing with my slugs. Although I knew I said I didn't spend time getting new clothes or accessories, I developed an interest in fashion, styling and designing when I turned five. I started sketching outfits in my journal that I thought would match, and sometimes sewn clothing for me and my slugs, just for fun.

It was a great life; the best I could ever ask for. But all good things had to come to an end. And it stopped on my birthday. My sixth birthday.

My parents came back from work one day, and they were looking for me. I had to stop in the middle of dancing to a piece of music to follow them to their workplace.