Introduction

Hey readers,

Hey readers,

Welcome to NOLA. A stand alone book I've been thinking about doing for a minute. If you're new to me and my book–Hi! My name is Tasia but you can call me Tay and always feel free to talk to me in the comments. I love answering questions and hearing your thoughts, so don't ever hesitate to comment. I just ask that you keep it positive unless it's constructive criticism, you know.

Bruh, it's been a minute since I updated anything and as always I'm sorry but....Tay is changing 💔 I never thought I'd be the writer to update slowly but I guess it happens to everyone on this app and it truly sucks. Don't just think I don't want to be writing because I am, all the time in fact but I overwhelm myself with ideas and lose motivation. Hence why Suspect 2, Kiara, and anything else I said I would do that is not here yet. It's like getting a new car (a new book idea) and you inspect and drive it to hell where it's no longer new and exciting, you know. I'm still definitely working on those...here's proof👇

But enough rambling

But enough rambling

NOLA which is a term I'm sure many natives from Louisiana know, just means New Orleans, LA. Since this book will be taking place in New Orleans and the surrounding area, I thought it would be a fitting title. Disclaimer: I'm not from Louisiana so please excuse my ignorance on the place. I'll be using Google and YouTube for pointers. After doing research on places in NO and Baton Rouge, I'm a try my hardest to capture the Louisiana culture because it's very interesting.

Shout out to Southern1Realest for helping me with the lango spoken down there. I heard it's multiple ways to spell said slang words so please don't come after me. I do a lot of research before making these books.💯

Summary

•After years of back and forth between the outlaws of Iraq and the US Army, the main threat has finally been neutralized and results in a ceasefire treaty to be offered by the outlaws. It's the year 2030 now, and after regaining control in the war, thousands of troops are sent home for a job well done in serving our great nation. Among the crowd is a "mute" 23 year-old Montrell St. John, a New Orleans native who is seeking to return home after 5 straight years in the service. Looking forward to going home, he missed the smell of the Bayou, the taste of his mom's famous Gumbo, and in general the people who allowed him into their hearts when he was a 6 year-old orphan.