Follow My Lead

My Miracle

"Looking back now I think we never were. Our timing was always wrong." She said as her voice finally broke. Tears were falling from her beautiful eyes again. "It obviously cannot be fixed. There is no way back now."

Yonghwa was covering his face. Her harsh words were cutting through him like razor blades.

"Please don't say that." He begged but she didn't listen.

"You were with someone else." Shinhye cried out, pulling her hair in distress. "I don't even know what I've been doing all these years. What was I actually waiting for? I feel like an idiot. But at the same time I know it's my fault all along for having stupid thoughts and a far too colourful imagination. I cannot even officially be angry with you. Why did I let this moment of weakness happen? I asked myself over and over again. But then I realized that, in the end, it doesn't even matter... I cannot change history. I will face everything head on now; I don't have time or the nerve for regrets. I will do my best to make things right and I refuse to lose my dignity over this. I won't be weak again. I'll be strong enough for the two of us." Shinhye stated with determination and gently placed the palm of her hand on her stomach.

She seemed scarily collected after her sudden outbreak, causing Yonghwa's anxiousness to grow even further. She was looking at him directly now.

"Whatever happened between us, I will not ever let it be the reason for you to come to my side. I won't be part of this pity pact any longer." Shinhye declared.

She was breathing heavily but she looked more strong-willed than he had never seen her before.

"Shinhye-yah" Yonghwa tried to interrupt her again, desperation lingering in his voice, but she just wouldn't let him speak.

"We will bring some distance in between us and go our separate ways until we've found a way to deal with the mess like adults. Please, I don't want the two of us to end up hating each other and accuse and fight all the time. We need to be rational for the child. We need to figure out a way to take care of the baby even though we are not a couple. Please, if I mean anything to you, then you will agree with me." Shinhye told him. "I might have been confused for a while. But my head is clear now, Yonghwa-yah. The two of us... we are not meant to be. Looking back I understand that now. We are not going to try and make things work just because of your sense of duty. I won't do it. I'm not going to tie the both of us down because of a loveless commitment. So don't tell me anything stupid like 'I love you' now to change my mind. I know you well. I won't fall for it. I will never fall for you ever again."

"BUT I DO LOVE YOU!" Yonghwa almost shouted as he finally lost his temper. He needed her to know everything but she just wouldn't let him talk. He grabbed her hand as if holding onto it could keep her from emotionally distancing herself from him further. He was so effing scared of losing her completely right now.

Shinhye struggled against him but he overpowered her this time.

"NO YOU DON'T. YOU LOVE SEOHYUN-SSI!" Shinhye yelled back in irritation when she realized she couldn't shake him off. "SHE KISSED YOU RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!"

Yonghwa was still holding onto her, refusing to let go. He couldn't do this anymore. He couldn't be calm and collected any longer. He was too exhausted from the events of the day to stay reasonable.

"I DO NOT LOVE THAT WOMAN!" He raised his voice again, feeling his last pieces of self-control slip away.

"YES YOU-" Shinhye wanted to object furiously again but she couldn't finish her sentence.