Ch. 1

(A/N: I love Dawson so much dude he's such a sweet boi :) anyway enjoy)

No time Skip

Dawson's POV

The low rumble of the car engine was one of the only sounds I could hear amongst the awkward silence that fell over my mothers '92 green sedan in anticipation of the new journey we were about to embark on together. I sat in the backseat of the car with my younger brother Landon who sat by my side. He was about 15 months younger than me, so not too much of an age difference. Both Landon and I had each other from a very young age and spent most of our time together. In the same sports, clubs and other extracurricular activities in school, hung out after and before school together. That's not to say we didn't argue, because believe me, we fight a lot. But not nearly as much as the average brothers did. And I think that has to do with our past. You see, me and landon endured a lot together, starting a quite a young age. Allow me to explain...

No time Skip

Dawson's POV

You see, a few years ago when I was 6 and my brother was newly 5, my dad Jermey died in a car crash on his way to get us from school. We ended up staying at the school 2 hours after school had ended and everyone (including faculty and staff) had gone home, with no where to go and no way to contact a trusted adult. Eventually our uncle pulled up in the parking lot and rushed us into the car and home to our New Jersey apartment. My mother had already gotten the news about my dad but didn't know yet that he had died, which is why she even bothered rushing to the hospital in the first place.