★ | 119. keeping secrets, spider man

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom
Chapter 119: Keeping Secrets, Spider Man
Word Count: 1410

Book: Male Reader Imagines, Multifandom Chapter 119: Keeping Secrets, Spider ManWord Count: 1410

"What is going on with you?" He asked, staring at Peter with narrowed eyes. For the past couple weeks he had been acting really strange. More distant and always busy. What he was busy with [name] didn't know but he needed to find out.

"What are you talking about?" Peter replied, a hint of nervousness in his voice. "I'm not any different than I usually am." He looked away when he spoke.

"Sure. Whatever you say Peter." He mumbled back, pushing his food around with his fork, not all that hungry.

Peter frowned when he saw his reaction and guilt swirled around in him. "Really. I'm fine. I'm sorry if I'm... not being my usual self but I'm not hiding anything." The lie burned his tongue as it left his mouth. He wished he could tell him the truth but it was too dangerous. He needed to keep him safe and out of harms way.

[name] smiled back though it was fake. Peter was lying to him. He could tell. Peter had always been honest with him so to see this side of him was jarring. It must have been important if he felt the need to hide it. For now, [name] would drop it as he wouldn't be getting anything out of Peter but he wasn't going to forget. He would find out eventually.

The bell for classes rang and he stood up, throwing his bag onto his back. "I'll see you tonight." They had a date. He went to leave but Peter grabbed his hand and when he turned around, Peter was quick to kiss him.

"You nearly forgot to kiss me goodbye." Peter said with a light blush. [name] couldn't help but smile at that and he looked down at the ground, his heart skipping a beat.

★ ★ ★

He sat in the restaurant, head on chin and sighing. Peter was supposed to show up an hour ago. He had never been late to date before. The amount of times he saw the serves staring at him with judgement made him extremely annoyed. He should have left by now.

Why would Peter do something like this. Is he cheating on me? Has he found someone else? No. He shook the thoughts out of his head. Peter would never cheat. He was too kind for that. It had to be something else.

He linked his fingers on the table and glared down at the fancy looking napkin. Did he just not care enough to show up on time? Is he bored of me? Maybe this is his subtle way of telling me he wants to break up. He growled in anger.

"Are you ready to order yet, sir?" The waiter asked, holding a notepad out, looking slightly annoyed. "You must be getting hungry."

He shook his head. He wasn't waiting any longer. The amount of time he sat there was ridiculous and even if Peter showed up now, he wasn't in the mood for a date. He stood up. "No thanks. I''m just going to head out. It looks like I've been stood up."