Chapter 9

Arthdal was silent as if it was punished just like Yangcha who had to leave this place. Not being able to see Tanya for the last time and say goodbye was really hard. Tagon wanted to send him secretly away. Sending him wasn't a punishment. That was the only way to help him, they both knew it well. But if there only was a chance to see Tanya for the last time...

Yangcha was ready. A beautiful, dark horse was a gift from Tagon. He also gave him money and warm, black fur since place where he was going to live was called Neverending Winter.

Clouds darkened the whole sky, making Arthdal looks gloomy and sadly. The first raindrops hit softly Yangcha's cheek. Arthdal was crying, losing the best Daekan warrior. Rain was goddess' tears and that goddess was Tanya. Yangcha bit his lip, remembering the metallic taste of blood. Sin of loving Niruha was weighing on him, not letting him forget about the curse. He touched the white strand of his hair with a silent sigh. Hesitation wasn't helpful at all. The more time he was waiting, the harder it was to leave Arthdal. He grabbed reins tightly, looking for the last time at Shrine. Tanya was probably sleeping.

"Goodbye, Niruha" he thought.

***

Rain turned into snow as soon as Yangcha left Arthdal territory. Big snowflakes were really irritating just like insects. He was barely able to move his fingers, even though he had leather gloves. It looked like the weather wanted to tell him to turn back. Was it a goddess' trick? Was she trying to stop him? Yangcha smirked, stopping his horse.

"I thought you are the goddess of goodness but it looks like you are she-devil, Niruha" he said, getting down off horse. Talking was really weird since he was silent for ages. Tagon cancelled his punishment, but it was for nothing. Talking with trees seemed to be annoying. "Tagon, you are so generous, cancelling my punishment. What a pity that there's no one I can talk to" he mumbled, trying to win the fight with snow.

There was a small tavern which was like a salvation for him. He wanted so desperately to get drunk. To drink the whole alcohol from there and never be sober again. Tagon would be upset, knowing that Yangcha spent his whole money for alcohol. But he didn't care at all.

Yangcha pushed the wooden door, entering the tavern. There was much warmer. He came in without hesitation, looking around. All tables were taken, but he found the one in the corner where was sitting only one person. Yangcha grabbed the chair, wanting to sit there, but then he saw the stranger's face.

Saya.

No, it wasn't Saya, but someone who looked like him. The barbarian from the Wahan Tribe! Tanya helped him escape from Daekans, he was sure. But it looked like the savage didn't recognize him. He saw him in a mask, so he didn't know how Yangcha's bare face looked like. But what was he doing there? What was his name? Was it only a coincidence that he looked exactly like Saya?

Yangcha froze suddenly, realising that Wahan's lips were purple. He was an Igutu! What was he doing in the tavern where everyone could easily see his lips? Tanya risked her own life to save him and now he wanted to waste her sacrifice? That was unbelievable. He sighed loudly, looking carefully around. Drunk men didn't care about an Igutu, but it was risky anyway.

"Cover your mouth" whispered Yangcha. Eunseom frowned, being confused by his words. He didn't even know if the warrior was talking to him.

"What?"

"You are an Igutu, dummy" he said silently.

"How do you know..."

"Everyone knows it just by looking at you. Cover your lips, wearing it" said Yangcha, giving him his mask which was hidden deep in his pocket. Yangcha didn't plan to bring it with himself, but it was the best decision he made. He was able to protect that Tanya's silly friend. He did it only for her.