Her Firefly

She lost her vision due to an accident. She regretted crossing the street just to chase her boyfriend – now ex-boyfriend as they fought about something she couldn't recall – not that she still wants to remember. She is still in the process of moving on, living life the way she did before she even met him. Everything wasn't the same, even she could tell that. She had lost her vision, so she wouldn't be able to work once again. She would always whimper at the thought of being a burden to her family – she is already at the right age, the age in which she is supposed to give a part of her salary to her parents to be able to help them, yet she couldn't.

             They even hired a private nurse to take care of her. She and her parents have fought over the matter, but in the end, her parents won. Her private nurse is a male, and she thought it would've been too awkward to be taken care of the opposite gender that isn't even related to you. But when they met, there were no awkwardness. No, none at all. They instantly clicked as they shared a lot of similarities, and characteristics. He once said that his name is Baekhyun. He is really bubbly, and she could picture him on her head – a man with soft features and a bubbly aura. A man who always wears a smile wherever he goes. The one who'll attract you to approach him. The aura that says he's nice.

Switch of POV

                  "Hey, you're spacing out." Baekhyun softly said. "I always look like I'm spacing out." I blinked, though all I see is black. It'll never change. The moment I opened my eyes after the accident, all I saw is black. And I'm going to leave this world, seeing nothing but black – darkness. "Oh, sorry. I forgot." Baekhyun laughed lightly. I can hear bells chiming whenever he laughs. Like always. "It's okay. Sorry if I look like trash now anyways." I chuckled. "No. You're beautiful." He said softly, yet firmly at the same time. I wonder if that is even possible. My cheeks warmed, and I can picture it turning crimson pink – way to embarrass myself. "Bravo," I mentally cheered.  "Like I would ever believe you." I muttered. I thought he would lunge at me to tickle my sides like he used to, but it never happened. I wonder why? I blinked as silence covered the room. "You're beautiful. You may always see black. You may live in this world only seeing the darkness. You might not see how beautiful nature is. You might not see how beautiful... you... are..." He started, and I think he is fidgeting or something, based on his tone. "But I could see it! I could see how beautiful you are. You're beautiful, inside and out!" He continued. How I wish I could see his face – I'm seeking for sincerity. Then I suddenly felt his warm hands cupping my face.

                  Why is my heart racing this fast? It never happened before. Not even when he, my ex-boyfriend, laces his fingers with mine. Why do I suddenly felt like my cheeks are heating up once again? Am I sick? No, no – I am pretty healthy, and the only problem within my body is my lack of vision. What could have been possibly wrong with me? And why am I feeling like there are butterflies fluttering in my stomach?

                  I felt soft lips on my forehead, and I closed my eyes as a wave of happiness surged into my veins and into my heart. No. He is supposed to be my nurse, not my lover. Yes, he's just my nurse. And he's here because my parents are paying him a good price. Of course he'll be nice to me, and will bear all my whines. Should I distance myself from him? Should I try building a wall for him not to be able to hurt me? For this sick feelings to be gone?

                  One day, I was taken away to the hospital as the doctors contacted my mom to say that I could get my vision back as they found out the results of the tests that has been conducted a week ago. But my feelings for Baekhyun haven't wavered, even a bit. I tried my best, but I couldn't stop myself from falling for him. Once I have my vision back, he's not needed anymore. Suddenly, I felt like I don't want to have my vision back. 

                    She doesn't want to lose her firefly.