2. The best moment of her life

Text inspired by John Steinbeck.

The ascent of Vauban is a dream, a way, a memory, an archive of experiences, people, personnalities, moments. It could tell you a lot of secrets, it is the scenario of hundreds of lives, apparently normal lives of normal students, but it will be always special to Pepita.

That Thursday of April was rainy, cold, strange, a little depressing. But, in the middle of all this chaos, they were two people, a boy and a girl, young students, one in design and other in french, who were having they first encounter, under the rain, the two using the same black, broken umbrella and they were happy, in love, shy, in a dream that came true.

They descent the ascent of Vauban when they saw the "other", without an umbrella, sad, wet, tired. He was very bad, stupid, inmature with Pepita, he treated her very bad and she felt that it was her vengeance: he saw how she found someone better, someone who treats her like the Princess she was, someone who love her and take care of her. The scientific boy smiled at her, but she ignored him to continue talking with Mister Rose.

They ignored that scientific unhappy boy, and they continued they way. They planned they very first date, tomorrow, at night, in a tavern, with their friends. He went back home, and she stayed there, at the end of that ascent of Vauban, watching how that incredible, tall, reserved, intelligent, chestnut-haired boy who stole her heart was going home, without knowing that he will break her heart a few months later.