A Job Offer

Alejandro Pérez. A new player in the field, perhaps? Brendan Chase (not to mention the good doctor) was very interested in anyone who managed to catch Yassen Gregorvich's interest, especially if they existed outside their usual crowd. It was a medicine student this time. Was Yassen scouting for Doctor Three? It was interesting that the assassin was seriously looking for potential successors now. About time, as well; assassins don't get old in the field, after all. However, Chase wondered how it was that Yassen had found that many potential candidates in less than a year. First Rhea, then Pierre, now Pérez. The latter two had a given name that is a variation of Alexander. Maybe Yassen was a sucker for that name. Come to think of it, wasn't Hunter's son's name something like that? Alex? There might be some lingering attachment, even if there shouldn't be. SCORPIA had heavily discouraged attachments of any kind and Yassen was usually as detached and professional as it got. Then again, Hunter had been a very charismatic man; even Kurst had liked him until they had discovered that he was an MI6 agent.

At a cursory glance, Pérez' papers seemed in order. There was a legitimate ID, a bank account in London (after digging a bit, ok a lot, deeper another, far more doggy one in Switzerland under another name Alessandro Pellegrini; different bank than Pierre, though), elementary school records in Spain, middle and high school records in England. The kid had even won some kind of karate tournament when he was younger. There was a picture, too. Even a form to apply for children's benefit had been found. There were travel records fitting to an average civilian. The parents' and grandparents' records seemed legitimate, too. Only the great-grandparents' records were a bit sketchy, which might be because the unrest in Europe during the world wars, revolutions and whatnot. From that sheer detail alone, one would guess that this was a real person, not a fake identity. However, his gut told him that there might be something wrong here.

For someone Yassen, of all people, was interested in, this man was a bit too average. Hell, apart from the karate tournament this was the perfect example of a Joe. Too average, too normal and too boring or just extremely good at hiding their tracks. Which, given how hard it had been to dig out the second identity of Alejandro, was entirely possible. That meant that this was either a potential contact, a recruit Yassen had found who might have cleared their record, or possibly the real identity of Alec Pierre. There might be a naming theme there. It could also be another more elaborate identity of the same person that was Pierre or a (false) identity of another entirely unrelated person. Chase didn't believe in coincidences, however, and neither did the rest of the executive board. This meant that the first two options were the most likely.

Either way, he refused to let such an opportunity slide.

Now, Chase knew that people were generally very hesitant about joining SCORPIA, particularly after they had worked so hard to stay under the radar. He decided that easing the kid in was probably the best way to recruit him. The best approach would probably be a student job. It would work to acclimate the kid into the ranks and nobody got suspicious if a student left to work for a company that they had previously interned for. It was even encouraged.

Since "Alejandro", apparently, was a medical student, the good doctor might be convinced to show Pérez the ropes. The man was fond of teaching students, provided they were actually dedicated and attentive.

One of their subsidiary companies would be the best way to initiate the first contact for the job offer. After all, what university student didn't need a job?

Dear Mr. Pérez,

Are you looking for a summer job? Then we could be the right company for you! Join our temporary employment agency to get access to a wide variety of jobs that have flexible working hours and incentive pay. We also offer many opportunities for further education if needed. To keep our employees safe and healthy we have fitness and self-defense courses. Join now to benefit from our summer special fitness and self-defense program!