Prologue

Her eyes opened and the water from the lake filled them instantly. She was sunken to the depths of the waters. The first thing that popped into Allison's head was, swim up.  But then she released a small breath. The bubbles headed to what seemed the dark lake's sandy bottom, but as she swam that way the water was gaining light. When Alison surfaced, the oxygen rushed into her lungs and relieved her. She was in the middle of Lark Lake. It was the hight of July when the sun hang in the sky until it felt that it would never go down. She paddled in the middle of the lake in the balmy air. She was stunned that she had survived such a dangerous situation. She started to swim towards the shore, that was presumably in front of her. A motor boat hummed somewhere nearby. The sun scorched on her neck. She dove under the water, the cool water felt soft and cooling on her skin. She continued to paddle her way to shore. Her heart leapt when sand came into view. She moved her arms even faster, a new found motivation came to her. She was going to survive! The last thing she could remember was the boat was leaking on their family boat trip. Everyone ran to the backup boats. Allison had jumped into the very last one, with no one else and picked up the oars. Her boat was missing an oar. She panicked. The next thing she knew the boat had been tipping and she had lost consciousness. Land was getting closer now. The motor boat's humming was getting louder now. She once again dove underwater. All that came up to the surface were large air bubbles from Alison's underwater screams.