Angel

Nine opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was the light above him. It made him feel confused, he was trying to recall what happened, all he remembers is that he blacked out. He still feels dizzy but he was trying to collect himself.

"Are you okay? How are you feeling?" Nine heard a voice and looked at the direction where it was coming from. 

An angel. It was an angel that was speaking.

The angel stood and touched his forehead 'I think I am being blessed' he thought.

Then he realized who the angel was. Joss.

It took him several seconds to figure out what happened. He fainted because of Joss. His nose bled and he can't stand the shame he felt so he fainted. Nine closed his eyes in humiliation. What a way to make a first impression. 

"Hey Nine, don't faint on me again." Joss sounded concerned. 

"I'm okay." Nine answered. Nine slowly sat and saw that there is blood all over his shirt. "Ah shit." was the only thing that he can say. How is he going to explain this to his mother? 

"Here, use my extra shirt." Joss handed him a blue shirt with the school's logo on it "I used it earlier today on my way to the school, it's slightly used but I only wore it for an hour or so."

Nine reluctantly accepted the shirt. This is better than walking around looking like he murdered someone. "Thank you." he said.

There was something in the way Nine reluctantly accepted the shirt which made Joss' heart skip. Nine is far from his type but something is drawing him towards the timid, short boy in the bed.

Nine started to undress in front of him and it seems that he can't keep his eyes off of the boy. All he can think of is how cute this boy is and that he wasn't even aware of it.

"You're not straight, right?" Joss suddenly blurted out.

Nine was dumbstruck with the question. "I-" He started to answer but it seemed that he can't open his mouth to continue.

"You're not. Okay." Joss replied.

"I haven't even answered your question!" Nine protested.

"Your hesitation did." Joss replied. 

Nine felt like he was cornered in a sense "Does sexuality matter in this day and age?" 

"For me, it does." Joss stared at Nine intently "Because how can I flirt with you if you are straight?"

Nine sat on the bed, stunned. How can someone as good-looking as the man in front of him would want to flirt with a scrawny nerd like him? There must be a catch. "Why are you doing this?" Nine asked.

"Because I need a boyfriend to stave off..." 

"Yes, okay. I agree." Nine said immediately, Joss wasn't given the chance to finish. "As long as you kiss me in public." Nine was thinking that he is out of his mind but this opportunity won't happen again. He needs to grab this. 

"I can kiss you now." Joss then lifted Nine's chin and gave him his first kiss.