Hollowshire

Hey,

This is my first story on wattpad... Well first official story.

My story might be a little slow but I PROMISE you that it WILL GET MORE INTERESTING...

Be patient pls

This story is original and ALL MY IDEAS.

I hope you guys enjoy it

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Eryn's POV

The road was definitely not smooth. In fact it was far from it. The cab shook back and forth down the bumpy road. I sat on the back seat with a notepad and a pen in hand but the pages were still blank. Was it a mistake choosing to move here?

I wanted to get away from the city. New York City, specifically and start a new life here, the small town of Hollowshire. Hollowshire was known for its rich history and I was down for that.

The cab pulled up in front of the Hollowbrooke apartment complex. When I came out of the cab, I stepped in a little puddle. I stood up and looked around the gloomy town. The cab driver took my bags and trudged them all the way to my room. The tiny city had many trees around the area. There was a little park across from my apartment, where few children ran around frolicking in the park. Next, there was a little town complex which included a police station, a couple bars or restaurants, a library, a small elementary school, a high school, a grocery store, newspaper office, and a nice dock. The buildings were old in age and the architecture differentiated from today's architecture. The cab driver came back down, I gave him the money and he drove off through the light fog. From what I've seen so far, this was a sleepy town. Much different than the city life of New York.

I turned to the side of the city where all the neighborhoods branch out and saw a man standing there, watching me. At least it looked like he was watching me. He wore a dark suit and tie. From a distance, it looked like he had a buzz cut. From the second I noticed him standing there, he turned and began walking away, disappeared into the fog. Who was that man? Was he watching me? No, I told myself. He was just looking for something which he found right after I realized.

-----------

It was already 7:45, but I decided to head into town for the first time anyway. The park across from my apartment was dark, and deserted. I walked towards the dock and looked out into the ocean. The beautiful view amazed me. The waves came crashing against the bridge port. Sail boats were still out at sea cruising around. The dock was pretty dark but decorated with colorful lights hanging from pole to pole that made the ocean gleam of different colors. I looked at the town from this point of view. It looked so small, boring and dull. As if there had never been crime in this area. Without mystery, this place was not so fit for a journalist. 'What was I doing here?' I repeated in my mind. I came here for some rich history and so far I haven't seen any. I was hoping to apply for a job as a reporter for the town newspaper, but I don't think this was the right place for me. This ratchet town... Why was i here?

My parents are dead. Actually they have been dead since I was 7. And its not even like I have grandparents. I never knew what happened to them. I guess that's why I became a reporter/journalist. I always want to know what happens at any crime scene or event. I need to know in order to tell the family what happened to their loved ones. Just like no one did to me.

What was I hoping to find here? I looked to my right and saw a newspaper stand. I became curious on what kind of news they tell the people of this boring town of Hollowshire. I put in a quarter and pulled out a newspaper. "That's shit, trust me." Someone said before I got a chance to read the headlines.

I turned and saw a guy about my age. He had straight brown hair that looked so soft. His eyes were a pale, soft greenish color. His skin was absolutely flawless. He had an extremely light goatee that suited him. He wore a light gray vneck t-shirt that revealed his muscular body with a black jacket and dark jeans that loosely hugged his calves. He wore dark olive converse and a nice welcoming smile. "Sorry for sneaking up on you like that," he said with a chuckle. "Christian. Christian Scott." He said holding out his hand. I smiled and shook his hand. "Eryn Sharlow." I replied.

He turned towards the ocean. "You're new here, aren't you?" He asked. "Yeah. How did you know?" I asked. His soft green eyes were so deep and gorgeous. "Well, I have never seen you before, and there aren't many like you out here." He smirked. I chuckled. "What do you mean like me?" I asked. He smiled, "like... The intelligent kind." He said. I chuckled. I looked him in the pale eyes, "Okay, Christian, what makes you think that I am smart?" I asked playfully. "You're a journalist, right? I saw you this morning, moving into that apartment with your notepad and pen and reporter hat thing." He observed. "Yeah, well I wanted to be the reporter, but this town doesn't seem to have very much to offer... Or It could be the other way around." I said truthfully. "Actually, you'd be surprised how much history Hollowshire has to offer, if you are willing to dig for it." He spoke generously. "You can check the library or newspaper office. We can both go tomorrow, if you'd like the company." He offered "Are you sure?" I asked. "I got nothing better to do." He smiled. I needed a friend here. Someone that could show me around Hollowshire. Like Christian. He seemed to know a lot about Hollowshire. And I was determined to "dig".

I looked at the headlines. It read "Lakewood Manor is left Vacant Once Again."

"Once again?" I questioned. "Yeah, that ol' house will keep sending people away until there is no one left to scare." He scoffed jokingly. Instantly, my interest level swooped up, but I didn't want to bombard him with questions, so I decided to go slow. "Wait, what do you mean? What is this house?" I asked curiously. "The old Lakewood house. It's really old, probably built in the 17th century. People will move in because it's a mansion and a great deal money wise, but then runaway like pussis, excuse the language. And  their bodies are always found like a mile away from the house. That entire cycle has been going on for decades." He explained. "Why? What's in it that makes them... Runaway?" I questioned. He stood there, quietly. "We don't know. But people say it's the cemetery across from it." He said in a hushed tone. "What about the cemetery?" I whispered. He stood quiet giving me the duh-are-you-blind look. I knew exactly what he was talking about but knew it couldn't possibly be the answer. "Are you serious right now?" I scoffed. He put his hands up as if surrendering. "People's words, not mine." He laughed. I chuckled. "Anyways,... I'm going to the library tomorrow to 'dig' for some history." I said changing the subject. "And I'll come with!" Christian added.

When I finally reached the door to my apartment, I rummaged through my bag to search for my apartment keys. I took it out and attempted to put it through the key hole but instead it fell to the ground. Suddenly, a relatively loud bang coming from the alley behind the building. Cautiously I krept over to where the noise was coming from. Part of mind told me not to go, but the other part got the best of me. I leaned over to see below. Just before the person went out of sight, I witnessed the familiar buzz cut that I once saw before.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

So this chapter is nice, short and sweet.

I understand that this chapter was boring, but I kinda wanted to show you her back story and the introduction and stuff. I promise you that the next chapter will be interesting.

BTW I don't think I ever mentioned her age... Eryn is 19 years old. She finished highschool but didn't have the money to apply for college.

BTW AGAIN those who are reading this right now,
I'm sorry that my other chapters have not been posted but know that I have not yet given up on this story, I am currently writing the chapters all together, so I can be able to post and edit them when I choose. My plan is to get them all written first.

If you have enjoyed this chapter thank you so much! I will continue to post more chapters soon. Be patient. Thank you !

Vote

Comment

Read