Chapter 1

You were a specialised courier. "Specialised" purely because you were a standalone, self-made business. Not someone wasting their time involving themselves in a company of hundreds of couriers scouring planets, delivering letters or stacks of monthly orders of suggestive siren magazines.

Even though you rejected the vault hunting life many years ago, you still had the knack for kicking ass and sticking up for yourself alone thereby making you plenty capable to deliver packages and information that were too important to be digi-structed or sent through echo-eye attachments purely for the threat of it being hijacked or exposed by hackers. Trust in one's company was a rarity nowadays as there was a larger potential for enemies to be working from the inside.

And ever since Hyperion fell out of the market...literally - it's been an arms race of gun manufacturers battling to be top dog. Not that you cared if it meant a potential war fuelled by capitalism. The only thing that mattered was that CEO's were paying tooth and nail to win the tides the of stock market and favouritism among the general public which meant every newly developed gun, grenade, shield, mod or piece of valuable information was placed expectantly on your shoulders to be hauled around in these dangerous times.

You were the grey area in a warzone, that person playing Devil's Advocate, smiling at a CEO as they placed huge checks in your hands knowing full well you've got the opposing CEO in your back pocket ready to throw another zero on the end of your sum.

You didn't like to get politically involved by choosing a "team", even though your job was designed to get politically involved – but you couldn't stand Katagawa. The egotistical grease-head who was the face of Maliwan. He was always critiquing your speed or general performance. Something along the lines of "Why can't you be like Strongfork's agent? He's much more efficient." And so, on and so forth. So, you always had better leniency for Rhys, head of the Atlas corporation. If he didn't have his agent Zer0 available to deliver something because he was assigned to another mission, he'd call you up with a shining grin, a string of compliments and a wad of cash. Not that you were complaining.

Besides, Rhys never used violence like that Maliwan dickhead with how he's been getting his wannabe soldiers to exercise power over innocent people all throughout the galaxy. You've heard he's got a thing for Rhys but the way he's been acting lately is all too familiar to Handsome Jack's dictator-like leadership.

Maliwan solders are also now another obstacle for your already dangerous job. They've started setting up military borders that disrupt your routes.

Which funnily enough is how you ended up meeting your titular stalker.

It all started a couple weeks ago. Rhys had recently set you up on a delivery job to give the Crimson Raiders newly built shotgun rifles that provided a small shield-like barrier when aimed-down sights. The importance is that he didn't "-want the COV to know the resistance was preparing to make some surprise attacks in the residual areas and needed to be better equipped for fighting without giving it away." Which unfortunately for you, would mean you'd need to make multiple trips to the so-called "Sanctuary" where they currently remain with only a few crates at a time since hauling all of them at once would be too obvious to what they were planning. You begrudgingly agreed to which Rhys gave you a thankful pat on the back.

After heading to the Rise and Grind coffee house to get a large coffee, you went to a vehicle station, on the outskirts of Lectra City, digi-structing an outrunner and packed a couple of crates of guns into its boot. "As long as I don't get rammed by a dumbass bandit, I should be fine. I didn't check if they were loaded..." You mumbled staring at the car for a couple moments considering your safety eventually shrugging with an "Eh, I'll be fine" as you hopped into the car checking your echo map as to where Rhys set a waypoint where Sanctuary was hiding.