Nine

Final. (1)

I yelped when the swing I'm currently sitting on suddenly stop.

"Oh my ghod!"

Touching my chest with my left hand and still holding the chain of the swing with my right hand. I turned my head to look who was the culprit of my almost death.

Lisa.

She was still holding the chains. With her casual clothes. Like mine. Completely free from our graduation robe.

I glared at her and was about to yelled at her when she sighs.

"Jennie, i... I.." She stutters.

A little surprised when she calls me by my name because she usually calls me with her weird and annoying endearments.

I sat up from the swing and walked up to her so that we're standing in front of each other now.

"Lisa, you're what?" I confusedly asked her.

She's nervous and I can see it. She's not looking at me but to the ground and she was clenching and unclenching her right hand.

I picked that up through out the years that we've been being classmates.

Lisa and I are not friends. I mean not totally but considering our friends are dating, we are forced to be civil towards each other for their sake.

"I.... i have something to tell you?" She said or more like asking.

I raised an eyebrow at her.

She sighs again and groans a little.

"....Jennie, look... umh.."

"Okay something's really wrong with you right now. First you called my by my name and not your annoying nicknames and you called me twice. Second, you're fidgeting and clenching and unclenching your right hand that says you're nervous. So, what's wrong Manoban?"

She's smiling at me. She really is weird.

"I see that you have been quite paying attention to me to know how I act when I am nervous, kitten."

And she's back with her nickname and to herself.

"Whatever. You were the one who suddenly interrupted my peaceful swinging. So, what's your problem?"

She sighs again. Looking up at the sky.

I wouldn't disagree that Lisa Manoban is gorgeous. I mean, she is really beautiful. From her perfect jaw line, amazing structured nose, her plump lips and her oh bright doe eyes.

That's why I wonder why she hasn't date anyone through out our high school year.
Sure, neither do I have dated anyone but that's because it wasn't my priority. And there's Taehyung.

And also because of this monkey.

"Jennie, where are you going after this?" She asks.

"Uhm, home?"

"No, I meant. High school is over, what are your plans now?"

"Lisa, did you come here and bother me to just ask what am I going to do with my life?"

"No...."

"Really?" I unamused replied.

She clenched her hands, still not looking at me. Groans and huffed.

"Look, I have something to tell you, alright? It's just, I don't know how and you're making me really nervous right now."

I walked back and sit on the swing again. She watched me and do the same. We just sits in silence.

Lisa and I have been classmates since grade school. She was this annoying kid with dark brown hair and bangs with stupid smile that makes her looks like a monkey. She loves teasing me and annoying me. There was never a single day that she doesn't make me yell or shout at her. But she will just laugh at it always.

But I like when she's around. She has been the constant to my life.

I remember in fourth grade when she-

I was suddenly interrupted by her chuckle.

"Kitten, remember in fourth grade? When Ms. Dara make us watch the Orphan and you were so scared that you ended up crying." She laughs.

"Hey! You were also scared! You even pulled me out of the classroom and-"
I was again interrupted.

"I was not. I only dragged you out and led you here in this swing because I saw that you were already sobbing."

"....."

"Then you thank me with your cute little hoarse voice, puffy eyes and red nose and cheeks."

I blushed at that.

"Then Ms. Dara found us and scolded us because she said what you did is wrong." I said.

"Did you know why she scolds us?"

"Uhm, because we ran out in the middle of the movie and class?"

"Nope. She scolded us because I pulled out the plug of the tv before I led you out here in the swing. You were really scared and I got a bit mad at Ms. Dara for making us watch that movie."

Speechless.

She looks at me then give me a small grin.

"You know what. I'm just gonna tell you why did I do all the things I did to you."

"Huh? All the things? All you did was annoy the hell out of me and command me to do things for you!"

"You can say no when I asked you to do something." She said.

I know and I tried to. But every time she will asks me with the gentle voice, hush me with a shhh and look at me in the eyes, I couldn't say no. But she doesn't need to know that.

"Whatever and I don't want to hear any of your explanations."

"C'mon Jen, all you have to do is listen."
She insists.

"Nope, I don't want to and I have to-"
I stop because she holds my right hand.

I look at her and there it is, and I know what's coming.

"Shhh, just sit down for a moment and hear me out, yeah Nini?" She asks.

Oh fuck her and her gentle voice and bright doe eyes.

And so, I sit dow and listen to her.

EVERYONE HIIII!!! I'M SO SORRY FOR NEGLECTING YOU FOR SO LONG. I FORGOT MY PASSWORD TO THIS ACCOUNT AND I WAS HAVING A HARD TIME CONNECTING IT TO MY EMAIL. BUT LUCKILY A FRIEND OF MINE HELPED ME!!! NOW THAT I HAVE THIS AGAIN. I WILL CONTINUE THIS STORY!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR SUPPORT AND LOVE EVEN WHEN I WAS NOT ACTIVE.

BE SAFE EVERYONE. ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS AND STAY HEALTHY!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS.❤️