•Chapter 1⃣•

(Nina is 15 btw)

Nina's POV
I woke up to a faint but loud popping sound. A gun shot. I've been hearing these sounds for as long as I can remember, but yet I still flinch slightly every time. I look at my clock and see I gotta couple hours before school starts. I go to the bathroom, wash my hands, and return back to my room. I pull the covers over my head and fall back asleep.

I hear my alarm and drag myself out of bed. I look in the mirror at myself. Short curly hair, brown skin, glasses, and brown eyes. sometimes I think about my basic features and sigh. I'm not insecure I just don't feel like there's anything unique about me.(if you wanna see how Nina's hairstyle is then it's in the multimedia)

After getting ready and eating breakfast I tiptoe to my dad's room and peek in.
"I'm leaving Daddy." I say.
He slowly turns over and waves for me to come in.
"Hey baby, you want a ride? I can drop you off on my way to work....." he says giving me a little smirk.
"Work?? Daddy you got a job? That's great!"
After my mom left, my dad went into a depression and for a while he just gave up on himself. My mother was always unhappy in their marriage, so unhappy that she met someone else who she thought showed her more love then my dad ever could. That man turned her onto drugs. Why would someone who loved you ruin your life like that? She became so addicted that all she cared about and lived for was the drugs. One day, we woke up and she was gone. My dad tried so hard to help her, he tried so hard to continue to love her, so hard to change her, but she was helpless. It took my dad a while to recover from her damage.
"Yea baby, I meant to tell you after I got it but I wanted to surprise you."
I gave him a huge hug and kissed his cheek.
"Daddy we can finally pay for college!"
"I know," he said smiling. "Now, come on. Lemme put on some clothes and then we can go."

My dad drove me to school and told me he loved me.
"I love you too dad, have a good first day." I said as I watched him pull off.
I immediately rushed into the building and to the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So I hope you guys like this story😄😄 feel free to comment any ideas you might have and just tell me what u like about the story and stuff.
10 votes
OR
5 comments
to continue.....