A New Year [Part Three]

They walk around campus for a while, Jimin pointing out which building is which and commenting on the quickest ways to get from point A to point B.

"So, where are you from?" Jimin asked curiously. "I'm guessing not Seoul, judging by your accent,"

Taehyung blanks for a moment, he wasn't expecting any personal questions from his tour guide.

"Daegu," he answers shorly, this seems to catch Jimin's attention because the older boy's eyes fill quickly with questions. Taehyung wished they could continue the tour in silence, go back to him quietly listening to Jimin's directions and little rambles without contributing anything himself, but I guess we don't all get what we want.

"Really?" Jimin exclaims, "One of my good friends is from there, well we're not really friends but he's nice, kinda, only if you bring him food, you know what? I shouldn't say that, he's nice, he's just not good with people," he pauses and turns to meet the younger's eyes, Taehyung's ears turn pink from the sudden eye contact, "I'm sorry, am I rambling?" The younger boy shakes his head. Jimin leads them to a bench along the sidewalk as he explains that the structure behind them is the science building.

Jimin stares at him for a while and Taehyung can feel his hands getting sweaty as he holds the strap of his bag, he's hesitant to sit down but eventually gives in

"You don't talk much do ya?"

Taehyung smiles shyly, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude," he wasn't very good at talking to people and Jimin seemed really nice, the last thing Taehyung wanted to do was make the older boy dislike him.

"It's not rude," Jimin assured him, "I can do the talking, so what's your major?"

Another question

"Art and photography," Jimin's eyes widen with interest and Taehyung swears he could see the desire to know more in the latter's eyes.

"That's so cool! So you like- paint and take photos and stuff? I can't draw to save my life, you'll have to show me your projects sometime,"

"What?"

"You do art and stuff right, do you have a portfolio?" Jimin runs his fingers through his hair that was dyed a bright, eye-catching pink. Taehyung only nods his head. His art and photos were something only for him, he wasn't planning on showing anyone other than his teachers.

The words 'can I see?' seemed to be on the tip of the older's boy tongue and Taehyung decides against it, "I'm sorry, my work is really only for me, I'm not comfortable with showing people, especially people I don't know that well," he rubs the back of his neck out of reflex hoping the response didn't come across as impolite.

But to his surprise Jimin smiles, his eyes turn into cute little crescents, "Then I guess I'll have to get to know you better," he pauses as his eyes grow wide. Jimin springs up from the bench and points at a startled Taehyung, "I'm meeting up with some friends later for dinner, you're welcomed to come, I'm guessing since you're new here you don't know many people. My friends may come across as crackheads but I promise they're nice-"

/Crackheads?/ Taehyung's mind starts turning, was this an invitation?

Taehyung gives him a weary look. He was planning on spending the evening preparing for his classes and bringing his current portfolio up-to-date, not spending it with a group of strangers that may or may not do drugs...Jimin's eyes are almost begging and at this point, he's already grabbing hold of Taehyhung's sleeve.

"I mean...if it's not a burden on you or your friends," he eventually says. In truth, he'd rather not go, but Jimin just looked so sad, even if he was just pretending to get the answer he wanted