ONE

|GEOVANA'S POV|

(Blew it all up, Blew it all up, Never thought you'd be the first one.)

-The Cenima

________________________

My first kiss was death a sentence.

I mean that in it's most literal way.

I was young and reckless, But only because I knew It would all end to early for me.

17 years old.

I was just 17 years old, I should of been worrying about what the guy next door thought of me instead of regulating the worlds biggest nation.

Municipal

A 17 year old girl governing a place with a census of 300 Million people, a insubordination rate higher than any others, and lastly a new found Virus.

I was just 17.

_________________________

You're still a baby," Yenta whines, she cups my face and kisses my forehead.

"Yenta, I'm not a baby." I correct.

I wasn't a leader either.

"Tell them you want to wait. Tell them to search longer for Hyd. Tell them-" she begins to ramble.

"Yenta, the throne is mine." I say sternly.

"The only girl In this place and I've been degraded for years, 'your brothers this and your brothers that. Everyone expected me to end up as some housewife.' I'm NOT a house wife. I'm a LEADER, Yenta." I explain.

I was judged for everything I ever did, while my brothers were the poster children for this nation.

Sometimes it seems safer to just stay inside, where the only person who can judge is yourself but I wanted to stop thinking that, I wanted to take on the throne.

Yenta looks down, "what happens when Hyd comes back?" She asks. "HE'S NOT COMING BACK. O.K." I say a little more sourly than I intended.

I hated hearing his name.

I hated remembering him.

"Now excuse me," I try to say primly as if I was use to people asking me that.

I knew I would need to get familiar with that question seeing as how tonight the nation will be getting me and not my older brother for a leader.

I'd recite in my head, "he's gone, he's ok. Whatever." And maybe I'd pretend to be use to him being gone.

But That was the thing. You never got used to it, the idea of someone being gone. Just when you think it's reconciled, accepted, someone points it out to you, and it just hits you all over again, that shocking feeling.

She nods understandingly, as she always does. A moment passes and I can't help the curiosity and slight feeling of disappointment that rushes through me.

"you don't think I can handle being Leader?" I ask.

"I don't think you want to be leader." She answers in a mumble.

"Of course I want to be leader." I shoot.

"You're so young. You're going to miss-" she begins.

"I have to chose a dress, Yenta. So if you'll excuse me." I say breathily, turning away from her.

"Geo, I've heard your parents discussing the hire for tonight and they've planned for Jinx." She adds quickly, like that statements been eating away at her for quite some time now