' scenario ---- two'

Richie laid dead awake. It was 3 in the morning and all he could hear was his mom and dad yelling every name they could at each other.  He was very well used to this, but still hated every second of it. Richie quietly got up and made his way to the living room--avoiding the kitchen, as that where all the chaos was. 

'Ring Ring 

Eddie had been sleeping , of course, but the loud ringing from the white phone that was mounted on the wall quickly awoke him. He slowly but surely got up from his warm bed and as swiftly and noise free as possible walked toward the phone.

''Hello? Ed's?''

Eddie sighed, he should have known.

'' Richie. .  . what is it?'' 

He asked a yawn escaping his mouth. 

''If you cant here it through the fucking phone , my parents are fighting and i cant with this shit. . . . .  . can you meet me at the quarry'?'

''The quarry?''

Eddie questioned.

''Its 3 AM Rich! My mom would kill me! why dont you ask Stan or something'' 

The asthamtic said getting ready to hang up 

''No  please! I wanna be with my Ed's--also can i stay the night after we hang at the quarry of course''

Richie said, smiling slightly. Eddie felt himself blush.

''No.''

''please?''

''No.''

'' pretty please?''

''Goodnight Rich''

"Eddie pleaseeee! There's so much yelling'''

''No, now Goodnight Rich ill see you in school tomorrow''

Eddie hung up. He felt instant guilt-- Richie had always been there for him. . .like the time bowers tried doing things to Eddie, or --

The phone suddenly rang and Richie turned quickly hoping it was Eddie .

"Fine. But hurry up. . .we aren't gonna stay there for long''

Eddie spoke, and Richie smiled 

''Okay! Be there in 10! knew you wouldn't be able to say no to me!''

Richie hung up grabbing something in his room before rushing down and out the door. He smiled the faint noise of his intoxicated parents screaming in the background, but at least he would get to see his Eddie.

After about 15 minutes Richie arrived  at the quarry, he swiftly got of his bike and walked to the pile of rocks where the losers shared so many memories together. A sigh of relief escaped his lips as he heard the voice of a rather irritated hypochondriac.

''Finally fucking here! And we're only staying 15 minutes so!-''

Richie chuckled lightly as he walked toward the shorter male with a silly smile on his face

''Whatr is it Rich! ill fucking leave!''

''No--its nothings its just that. . . you're so cute when you're mad Ed's''

The brunette blushed at the words and rolled his eyes.

''Shut the fuck up i'm not cute, and stop calling me Ed's''

He responded as he cocked an eyebrow 

''You know you love it~''

Richie teased, Eddie stared his arms crossed and Richie stared back the same goofy smile he usually had on his face as he adjusted his coke-bottle glasses.

''c'mon lets go''

Eddie mumbled walking toward his neatly parked bike

''I knew it! i knew you loved that fucking name!'' 

Richie continued teasing as he walked beside Eddie. 

''Maybe i do, now shut up and lets get back to my  house before my mom has an aneurysm''

''But we've barley spent time here!'' 

Eddie walked faster toward his bike before getting on, Richie doing the same as he knew Eddie wasn't going to give in to his bickering 

The whole ride home was quite a slightly awkward atmosphere filling the air between them. Neither of them knew exactly why, but they knew it was there. When they finally arrived they quickly and quietly set there bikes on the side of Kaspbrak's house and climbed up to Eddies window, Richie almost falling once.

As they finally made it in Eddie's room they sat on the bed quietly. Richie being the first to speak.

''Do you really like it?'' 

He questioned, that had been on his mind since the quarry--could Eddie really have liked the nicknames Richie gave him?  Eddie sighed and laid back 

what could he say to not make it more obvious than it already was?

~