i. love her

[ONE - STAR-SHAPED]

[ONE - STAR-SHAPED]

•❊⋆ - ⋆❊•

it takes her a moment, but . . .

december 20th, 2014

we went to pinkberry today! a deathwish of a food to me, but my favorite place! :)

—❊—

"HEY, WAIT a minute! brooke!"
chloe called breathlessly, speed-walking through the parking lot. the cement was glazed with a threatening amount of sleet and ice, and a wave of exhausted exasperation blew through her senses like the icy, howling wind; relentless and untamed as the bitter cold branded itself onto her skin.

—❊—

i think the winter time is perfect for internal hypothermia! is that just me? probably,
haha, but cold and winter just seem to go perfectly together! well, of course they do, silly me.

—❊—

brooke's responding quip came quickly, and very loudly, "not my fault you're a snail!"
the tone was mockingly cheery, yet devoid of any possible rancor; chloe hastily rolled her eyes.
even still, brooke visibly (and rather gracefully) slowed her descent against the pavement, turning her body back towards chloe. her eyes momentarily flitted across the brunette's figure as she watched chloe's (sluggish) attempt to catch up — and she eventually did, ill-concealed face reddened and breaths curt and shaky.

"you suck," chloe said without a trace of hesitation, hands bent onto her knees.

all brooke could do in response is smile, the gentle shape delicately molded onto her pale lips.
and then she laughed wryly,
"believe what you will, chlo, but i think that insult is a little dry," said brooke, placing her finger on chloe's cheek patronizingly, "even for you!"

all chloe could do was roll her eyes again, embarrassedly slapping the hand off of her face. she took a final bated breath before standing upright.
"right . . . let's just get inside, or i might have to start coughing on you to make sure you don't freeze."

—❊—

i went with chloe! isn't she just adorable? she's got the appearance of a tiger but a heart of a bunny. ohthat doesn't really make sense.
anyway, she's just really cute :)

—❊—

an incredulous laugh. "ha! oh, please!"

•❊•

[a moment's passing]

"brooke, why do we come here again?" chloe asked, staring up ahead at the menu absentmindedly,
"you're literally lactose intolerant."

"mmm, oh! because of you, of course!"
brooke said, as if she hadn't needed to think about conjuring up a response.

chloe blinked, and then looked at brooke incredulously.
"what . . . ?"
she asked, stricken with a sort of surprised stiffness that ran through her body.

brooke laughed as if chloe were being ridiculous, "i like going here with you!"
and then she smiled bright, that stupid little smile where her cheeks stick out and her lips curve,

and chloe couldn't help but look away, embarrassed.
she scratched the side of her face almost hastily, and rather pointlessly, as if she were trying to pick a scar off of her face.
"you're such a damned sap."

"aww, chlo, but i'm only the best, aren't i?"

chloe scoffed in response.
yeah.

"ehh, very funny, chlo. now, get the strawberry mango one or i'll cry."

—❊—

she's the best girlfriend i've ever hadand i hope i ever have!
i love her, but don't tell herthat'd be embarrassing to know that she knows i write about her!
. . . or maybe that i feel that way. yeah! that's it.

•❊⋆ - ⋆❊•

she stares at the sticky note, wide-eyed, the thickened beat of her heart making her stomach churn.
she- she wrote this. back then, too.

why didn't she know about this?

• ❊ • ❊ •