24

I was currently skimming through my clothes, trying to find something to wear tonight for the gig. I couldn't say no when Cooper asked me.

Luke let me have the day off so I can rest knowing I'll be up for most of the night.

This club is open til five in the morning and opens at nine thirty tonight. As I was looking through my stuff, I heard my door open and close.

"Hello?" I ask not knowing who's in my house. "It's just me and Brennen." I heard Colby say as I heard footsteps slowly come into my room.

I told Colby about the gig and how Finn got it for me. He actually didn't seem too mad. He just said that he was proud of me.

Everyone is gonna show up sometime tonight to see me 'preform' for the first time. They walk in and plop on my bed. "Are you excited for tonight?" Brennen asked as I pulled out my plaid pants.

"It's a mixture of excitement and nerves." I honestly say as I lay my pants out next to Brennen. Now I just have to find a shirt.

"I hope you know I'm gonna get lit when I hear your music." Brennen told me, which doesn't surprise me.

"He just has to take a few shots first." Colby joked making us two laugh. I mean, he wasn't wrong. I looked over and saw Brennen push Colby jokingly.

"Shut the fuck up." Brennen laughed as they started arguing about whether it was true or not. As they argued, I found a shirt so I went to the bathroom to change.

When I walked out, my boyfriend and our bestie were play fighting. They both stopped and looked over at me.

"How are you so beautiful?" Colby asked walking over to me as he wrapped his arms around me.

"If you guys kiss, I'm gonna throw up on your bed." Brennen casually said, causing the both of us to laugh. I look over at the time and see that it's almost nine.

"I would love to hang out here, but I have first gig in less than an hour." I say, making sure I grab everything. "Have a safe drive there, baby." He told me as he followed me towards the door.

"I will, and please don't drink and drive. That goes to you too, Brennen." He put his hands up in defense as I opened the door. "Hey, don't leave without giving me a kiss." Colby basically begged.

I turned around and gave him a quick kiss. "My turn." Brennen joked causing us to look at him. He cleared his throat before scratching his neck.

"I meant Colby." Why wasn't I surprised? I just rolled my eyes and walked away from them.

As I drove there, I felt like my nerves were starting to sky rocket. Like what if I messed up? What if something happens?

I just need to take breath cause I know everything will be alright. When I got there, I could see people already lined up.

I walked to the door but the bouncer stopped me. "I'm gonna have to ask you to get to the back of the line." He said as the people in front got quiet.

I pulled my badge from under my shirt so I could show him that I work here. He nodded his head and opened the door for me.

I walked in to see security and bartenders walking around trying to get everything ready. I looked over to see Cooper making sure everything is in check.

That's when he made eye contact with me, him instantly smiling. "Hey, I'm glad you showed up. You can go set up and get comfortable." He said walking past me. I guess he was busy and stressed.

I just shrugged as I walked back over to my little area. I sit down and take a deep breath before putting the headphones on.

After practicing for a little bit, I saw some people walking in. So this is it. I started playing one of my tracks. This is my time to get my stuff out there.

As people got their drinks, I could see their heads turn towards me. They started bopping their heads which meant they liked it.

After an hour, the place was started to get crowded and everyone was getting into the music.

By the time I saw a decent amount of people on the dance floor, that's when I played 'Let's Get it Started' by the Black Eyes Peas, but my remix.

When I started that, I looked at the crowd to see them getting hyped. I've never felt like this before. I've never felt more like myself then what I have right now. And to see everyone dancing along makes me feel so good.

As I was scanning the ground, I saw my group of friends, jumping up and down to the music.

I couldn't help but laugh at how dumb they looked. I just shrugged and queued up my next song. Which was Midnight City by M83 but I did a remix to it.

I look down to see Cooper walking to me so I took the headphones off so I could whatever he had to say. "Is this your music?" He asked as I bent down towards him. I nodded my head as he smiled.

"Keep playing it, everyone's loving it. Even the bartenders." I looked over towards the bar to see them dancing along to it, which made me smile.

I then see Finn, Luke, and Leonard walk in which made me smile harder. I'm happy that my friend group and my work group got to come.

I just wish Brandon got to see me like this. He would be so proud. That's when I turned my head over and I could picture him beside me.

He would be looking at the crowd but when he would notice me looking, he would turn to me. "You fucking did it." I could imagine him saying that as he stood there.

Everything is going perfectly okay for once.