Chapter 3

Flashback 5 years ago 

I was taking a walk in the park. It was sunset and the sky was a beautiful hue of orange and yellow with splashes of red. It was so calming and peaceful. I stopped on the bridge that overlooked the river. I watched as the sun went down, taking my camera and snapping a few photos. I was definitely going to paint this when I get home. 

But I didn't know that I wouldn't be going home for another 3 years. 

I was on my way back to my house, bounce in my step. I was super excited to start on my painting and see my moms. We were going to have my favorite food for dinner. Pork belly and ramen. Delicious. 

I should've noticed the looming figure behind me. I should've walked faster. I should've... it's too late now. The man wrapped his arms around my torso tightly making it impossible for me to break free from his grip. I tried screaming but my air waves were constricted. No one was around anyway. 

"Don't try and fight it. It'll only make it worse." The man said in a dark, raspy voice. I still tried to break free even though I knew it was useless. Then the man took his other hand with a cloth on it and covered my nose and mouth. I knew I shouldn't have breathed in, but my body wanted air. The chemicals slowly made my vision go dark. I tried to stop myself from falling unconscious but I couldn't do it. 

I was too weak

Next thing I knew, I woke up in a place I didn't know. I looked around and saw lab equipment. Tables, machines, and all sorts of chemicals and substances decorated the bright white room. I noticed that I was in a cage. It was a medium sized cage. Just large enough to fit me with a little extra room. I put my hands on the bars and shook them. I tried to open it, but there was no use in trying. It was like I was an animal to them. 

Then, someone walked through the door wearing a white lab coat. He held a clipboard in his hands. He walked towards me with a blank look on his face. He clicked his pen continuously while staring at me. 

Click, click, click. 

This guy was staring to piss me off. 

"Could you fucking stop that annoying ass clicking?!" If my moms heard me say that I would be smacked all the way to the United States. I mean, I am only 13 but wHO CARES! Freedom of speech my dudes! 

He just continued to click his pen with that blank stare until he finally stopped to wrote a few things down. All that was heard was the scratching of the ball point pen tip on the paper. He then left the room leaving me all alone again. It was nice and quiet. 

That didn't last long. 

Another scientist entered the room and he actually spoke! 

"Welcome to our lab. In here, you will be...helping... us with an experiment. As soon as we're done, you can leave." The man said.

"O-okay." I wanted to get out of this place, so I agreed. I should've known that it wasn't going to be that easy. I should've known he was lying to me. But I didn't. 

"Great! But, from now on, your name is Test Subject 0572." And with that, he stuck a needle through the bars of the cage and into the pale flesh of my arms. 

Then, everything went black. Again.

(A/N)- Happy Thanksgiving Wookies! I'm really thankful for all the people who read my books even though I think some chapters are complete trash. I hope you all have a great day/night!