Chapter 1

Tord Pov.

     I groaned. I was exhausted with everything. The army, the war, my parents, not being able to see my friends... I get why I'm doing this. To make a better world, a better life... But I miss Edd, his annoying talking and addiction to cola, Matt's obsession to himself, and lastly....Tom. I miss our dumb fights, his smile, his....

I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT HIM!!!!!!!

I loved him since we were kids. Now....just being away from him hurts. "Sir?" My da-Patryk asked. "What is it? Can't you see I'm busy?!" I said in a frustrated voice. Patryk glared at me, and I soon regretted what I said. "Sorry...I....What is it, Dad?" I asked in a nicer tone. He smiled. "That's okay son. I just came over to check on you and tell you that the portal is completed..." I stood up immediately. "It's completed? Done? Right now?" I asked like a kid who just got their Christmas present early. He nodded and stood to the side as I walked over out the door, him right behind. I stopped at the lab door and opened it. Paul was their looking at the scientist running around the room to get it up and ready. I looked at the portal, the sides were red (of course) and it was in a shape of a circle. Glee filled my face. I heard giggling coming behind me, I turned around and looked at my parts and smiled.

"Hello sir!" John, my head scientist, said with a salute. He smiled. "The portal should be done in any second now. But I just wanted to give you this." He opened his hand and there was a black phone. "This will help us stay in touch with you when you enter..... Just in case something...." He trailed off, and I nodded. "IT'S ALMOST READY! 20 SECONDS!" One of the scientist yelled. I looked at my parents and smiled before walking over and opening the door to the portal. I had been preparing for this day for so long. Once on the other side, I grabbed the bag I backed 2 weeks ago and slipped it on. I glanced at my robot arm to make sure it was good enough to go. I then took a deep breath and stepped on to the plat form.

10

9

8

7

6

5

4

3

2

1

It opened up and before I had even stepped into it, everything went flying. The metal that was holding the portal was being sucked in like a wormhole. I lost my balance and was sucked in. The last thing I saw was my parents worried face and then I was knocked out.