Skull's Bay

Skull's Bay. Three weeks of sailing. It was insufferable. Infuriating. Rowan woke up to laughter. He rolled his eyes and groaned in desperation. He strode on the deck to see the princess in laughter as Fenrys toppled down on the floor. She looked towards the rocks. "And we have entered the Skull's Bay," she mutters quietly. Her laughter died down, seriousness on her face. Probably the only time Rowan is ever going to see her serious, so he cherished the moment. They've entered the docks. Smell of people and city spread through his nostrils. Aelin jumped with grace of a cat. Her feet touched the dock and she drew out her blades and put them back. She moved with such elegance that even Rowan was envious. Not long after she jumped he jumped after her. The cadre followed. They got to a building, when she disappeared in the night. They walked in assuming they would find her. "What are males such as yourselves doing here?" A voice asked. The cadre whipped their heads towards the voice. Surprisingly Vaughan spoke: "We are in a search of a woman" he said shortly. The man's eyes widened: "What does the girl look like? Eh? Maybe I've seen 'er," he asks. "Blonde hair, arrogant-" Rowan continued, but was cut off by another voice. "Meave's soldiers in my town? It must be my cursed day. Whatever we must discuss please come with me," he says and gestures for them to follow. "My name's Rolfe, what do the famed Fae soldiers doing here?" He says. "We're in a search of a girl, blonde hair, arrogant," Rowan explained. "Ah we're right here," he says and opens the door. "YOU?!" Rolfe yells and the cadre's eyes widen at the sight of the princess sitting in the man's chair. "Seems as though you've got some financial trouble here" She says coldly. "What are you doing in my town? After the stunt you pulled, you dare come here?" He says infuriated. "Small thing left forgotten, Rolfe" Aelin says. "You Celeana Sardothien will pay! Guards!" He yells. "Ah- ah-ah, wouldn't want to capture a possible future ally? Now would we?" She says wickedly. "What have you got to offer except your assassin training?" Rolfe asked. Assassin training? Celeana Sardothien? What? She merely cocked her head to the side and watched the cadre. "I see you've beheld your part of the deal, although it seems I cannot coprehend to why are there so many warrior brutes surrounding you? You weren't the man that particularly needed help in preserving your existence," Rowan watched as the girl wielded words with such expert care that he could almost compare her to his Queen. "They aren't my guards. If they were you would be dead already," Rolfe said showing off his masculinity. "It hasn't been long since the last time you acted similar to the way you are acting now and see how well that turned out for you," the way Rolfe spoke to her made Rowan want to rip him to shreds. Quietly his breath hitched. Aelin merely smiled as though she had accomplishe something. "Aren't you going to introduce me, Rolfe? I still hold much respect within your people," she asked with a wicked grin, as if she hadn't known who stood before her. "Those are famous Fae warriors from Wendlyn, the Fae Queen's soldiers," he said shivering with respect on which this young child looked down like it wasn't worth it. Rowan could clearly see her scheming something but didn't know what. "I invoke the Rite with the Silent Assassins both of us agreed upon them and we must obey the call of another Rite in need," her eyes seemed to say. The fury emanating off Rolfe was respectable, but there was scheming underneath that. "We cannot invoke the Rite because we aren't at war, Celeana," he said lethally. And there she was a queen unwilling to yield spoke: "Terassen is," she spoke softly, calmly and slowly she crept into the lethal calm, letting it claim her. "What's Terassen to you?" He asks. "It's my kingdom, that I wish to bring back to life and face a common enemy," she says. "The Galathynius bloodline died with the princess," he says while his heart skipped a few beats. "Are you completely sure that the princess died? Because if she had, I don't know how she would be able to stand before you," Aelin says. Aelin stands up and with all her gracefulness bows. "Aelin Ashryver Galathynius, the sole heir to the Terassen throne, daughter of Rhoe Galathynius and Evalin Ashryver stands before you," she says straightening her shoulders, lifting her chin and being able to look like a queen and an assassin. Although the latter was less evident in her stance. Some kind of ancient pride ripped through Rowan, unfamiliar and utterly eerie to him. "Prove it, prove your power and you will be granted the Right of the Rite," Rolfe says. And not even Fae warriors that lived for centuries hadn't expected what came next.