Intro

You see a small journal - maybe a diary - laying on the table before you.  The journal looks almost new, having obviously being opened before.  The journal has the words VINCENZO ALESSANDRO GIOVANNI VARGAS running down the binding.  It's in cursive.  It seems the key to unlock the journal has been left out, rather sloppily.  Will you open it?  It seems the temptation to read it is great.  

Before opening it, you peer around you.  There seems to be no cameras, nor any people nearby.  The door behind you has a lock.  You quickly lock the door, the reassuring "click" crying out to you.  Your gaze returns to the journal.  

The journal was cold when you touched it.  It was definitely made out of leather.  The smell of fresh ink was assaulting your nostrils.  You picked up the key, your hands shaking.  Vincenzo Vargas was an Italian man who played violin as a soloist and in orchestras.  He was known to blow up Opera houses, as well. 

The key turned in the lock, "clicking" in reassurance.  The lock fell, ringing when it hit the table.  Your entire body went cold.  What if someone was in this cottage?  There was enough food for two people, as well as two storage rooms.  The basement was made into an aerial dancing area, one storage room dedicated to dance, the other dedicated to instruments.

Upon opening the journal, the pages were loaded with cursive writing.  This must be your last chance.  Will you read the journal, or will you relock it and leave while you still have the chance?