"The Sight of Stars Make Me Dream"

Dear Vincent, 

Tonight I find myself conflicted and restless while browsing through your work of life.  Absolute beauty.
Many believe that The Red Vineyard was the only piece of art that made you smile during your life, simply because it put a few Francs in your pocket.
We both know they are wrong. 
They dont understand that painting was your way of speaking, of preaching, and of teaching all of us to admire the beauty in this world. That it made you happy, every second of the way.

Oh Vincent, how I wish I could see the world through your eyes, to love people the way you did -  unconditionally.
After all, there is nothing more artistic than that, right?
Say hello to Theo for me, what a good brother he was. Through thick and thin, through your darkest hours, he never lost faith in you - in your work. There was never any doubt, though he was a tough critic (even harsh at times), he never gave up on you.

Neither Will I. 

People talk about the day you left us, some with love, some with hate. 
However, for that day, I want to apologize to you on behalf of humanity. We missed your cries for help. We should have known that as the crows flew over the wheat fields, you were in pain. We were so lost in love with those bright starry nights that somehow we missed the light reflecting from your tears. 

I guess I just wanted to write to you and let you know that you mattered, That your work mattered and that you have motivated many to follow their dreams. Oh Vincent, you troubled soul, I'm glad you are now resting in paradise. In a perfect place where the happiness is oil based, where you get a fresh canvas every second of everyday, and all with the purpose of continuing to speak, preach, and teach all of us about this work of art we call life, THANK YOU.

Sincerely, 

Dorian Valenzuela,
Your friend.