Chapter 2: Connor

"So.." I said, desperate to keep the conversation going, "Why are you here?"

"I dyed my hair the polysexual flag colors," Jasmine responded, pointing to the small dyed part in her hair, "after my parents found out what the colors mean, they immediately signed me up."

"Oh, shoot, forgot to tell you something little sis," said the girl next to her. They had the same ginger hair, except this girl's was curly and just below shoulder length. Her nose was splashed with freckles, and her jeans were covered in random sketches.

¨What, that you are going to be a counselor at this camp because you just happened to be a crazy person like mom and dad?!¨ Jasmine exclaimed.

¨What? No! This camp is not what it seems. I've done some digging and found that this camp is actually a shelter for people who are LGBTQ!¨

¨Really?¨ I said. I think the two were so busy bickering that they forgot I was here.

¨Yup!¨ said the curly haired girl, ¨Rachel, by the way.¨

¨Connor.¨ I responded to the girl I now knew as Rachel.

¨Rach knows just about everyone on this plane.¨ Said Jasmine.

¨What? That's not... Okay yeah. I do.¨

¨Okay..¨ I said, ¨So are those two?¨

I looked over at the people across from us. One of them had jet black hair, a tan, and sea green eyes. The person sitting next to them had beautiful blonde hair, light skin, and grey eyes that made them look wise beyond their years.

¨Those two? Oh, that's Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson.¨

Now, I don't mean to be rude, but they looked like a very...um... heterosexual couple. Why would they be here?

¨I know what you're thinking,¨ said Rachel, ¨And I'll tell you why they're here. Percy's mother and stepfather have always loved him and supported him no matter what. They have always been super comfortable with anything. And Percy has never exactly been.. ordinary. He has ADHD and dyslexia, so his sexuality wasn't really something that bothered his parents. It was just another fact about him. Now, Annabeth's family on the other hand is, well.... interesting. Her father doesn't care, but her stepmother was furious when she found out Annabeth was dating a bisexual. She convinced Annabeth's father to sign her up. And Percy wanted to go to because true love or whatever.¨

I looked back at them, and felt awful. But they seemed so happy. I wasn't even sure they knew what this camp actually was, but they looked like they were ready for anything, as long as they were together.

I turned my gaze to the back of the compartment, and saw something I can only describe as, for lack of a better word, cuteness overload. 

There were two boys cuddling each other in their sleep. One of the boys had freckles, a light tan, and blonde hair, while the other had jet black hair, very pale skin, and a silver skin ring on his finger. 

"That's Nico di Angelo and Will Solace." Rachel said. "And yeah, they're adorable."

Just then, PLEASE FASTEN YOUR SEAT BELTS FOR LANDING flashed above the seats.

"I guess you'll know them more at camp."

Yeah, I guess I will.