You're like me?

Dwight's POV

I step forward in the mist, the unknown world. More of them are here. More of them keep coming to this realm. Of course, the survivors are always welcome, but the killers.

I walk over to the nearest generator. I just want to get out of this match as soon as possible. Looking around, I see a large building with Buddha like heads staring at me. I shiver and look back to the generator. I make a mistake and sparks fly out of the large metal thing.

There it is. The heartbeat. But it's different this time.

As the heartbeat-like sound becomes louder I stop working on the generator. I carefully walk away and the nearest locker to find refuge in. I was in the shack, and the new killer walked past. He was a scarily tall man, with a mask and katana weapon in his hand. He has a large mace thing on his back too.

A generator pops and that gets its attention, so he starts to walk across the land.

Once the heartbeat was gone I step out of the locker. He must have not had a good early game, as we can see.

"Hey. Were you really in that locker?" I hear a familiar voice call from behind me. I jump a little.
"Jake! You startled me! And what do you think? I had no where to go. I'm lucky he didn't find me." I reply, getting on the slightly less worked on generator.
"True." He says, working in the generator.

"I miss you, y'know..." I
"What do you mean?" He cocks his head slightly, looking to me.
"You kinda stay away from everyone now. Why?" I ask. He sighs and looks down. We stop working on the now completed genny and walk to the shack. Another generator pops in the distance. Poor killer.

We sit down in between the two lockers that always stay in the building.

"I don't...know..." Jake whispers, pulling his knees to his chest. I scooch closer to him. "There's...too many people now."
"Huh?" I say, confused.
"The new people. Survivors and killers. Sometimes I wish it was just Meg, Clauds, you and me again. With that same dumb Trapper and weak Wraith. Then the next few came, like Nea, Laurie, Feng and Ace. Nice people of course, they're all ok. Even when David, Quentin and Tapp came I was alright. But after Kate and Adam... there was too much. More killers to torture us, more places to learn and more...people." He says, quietly. I think about what Jake says for a minute while another generator pops. Maybe he has anxiety around lots of people.

I sigh and wrap a hand around Jake and he leans on my shoulder, which makes my heart flutter.
"Do you...have anxiety around people?" I ask delicately. He nods his head and pulls his face into his scarf. I chuckle and remember when me and him would talk with Meg and Claudette around a small campfire. We'd talk about our lives and what we did before coming here. It was the scariest, but most memorable moments of my life. Especially since once I got to know the lone wolf, I had a crush on him. I haven't actually told anyone that I'm gay or like him, even though I want my friends to know sometimes. I'm probably closest to Jake out of everyone here.

I've never had the balls to do anything bravely like tell him...but, maybe now I can.

"H-hey Jake?" I ask. He looks up at me. "Um...I've been...meaning to tell yo-" the sound of the gates powering sounds and makes me flinch. "Oh! I forgot we were in a match for a minute there." I say, rubbing the back of my neck.
"Yeah, cmon lets go get to a gate." He stands and offers me a hand up. I blush and hold his hand to get up. He gives my hand a slight squeeze and blushes. Me, a panicking gay, does and seriously doesn't want to remove my hand. I wait until we start walking to see if he lets go, but he doesn't.

I look away and we walk out of the shack to find a gate.

"What the fuck were you two doing this match?" I hear the new survivor, Yui, shout as we walk up to her opening the gate. I pull my hand away from Jakes and feel my face heat up.
"We did a generator near the shack and...um...tried to find the new killer?" I say, looking at Jake who's looking down.
"Right," she dragged out the 'i'. "And what's up with him, huh?"

"He's just-" I get cut off, again, by Bill's voice.
"Open the door fuckos, he's right behind me!" The heartbeat gets considerably louder and the door opens. I stand behind the injured old man and feel the killers blade slash into my back. I help and run forward into the gate, and then outside the trial.

Once I awake at the campfire, I see Claudette putting a bandage around my stomach and back.
"Thanks Claud." I say, smiling. She nods and laughs.
"Haven't heard that nickname in a while." I chuckle and stand once she finishes. "Oh, and Jake wanted to talk to you, he said he'd be at the big tree." She nudges me and also stands. I nod and thank her once again.

I make my way over to this absurdly big tree that Jake and I used to hang out at all the time. I see him sitting at the stump, fiddling with his thumbs.
"Hey, you wanted to see me?" I ask, sitting down.
"Uh, yeah..." he turned to me crosslegged. "You never finished telling me what you were going to say, back in the trial." I freeze and think to myself 'oh shit I forgot about that.'
"Aah, yeah that..." I pause and sigh. "Um, h-how would you react if I told you I-I was...gay..." I say, getting quieter. I hear Jake chuckle and wrap an arm around me.

"I guess...hmm... I guess I'd react well." He says, smiling at me. "As I may also be gay..."
I turn to look at him in surprise.
"You're... like me?"
"Well, you're also like me too." I smile and look down again. I can't believe it.
"T-then, how did you find out you were gay?" I ask, heat slowly rising to my face. Jake pauses for a second.
"There was this guy," he starts, "that was there for me for the past three and a half years. He always knew what to say and do, even if he was a bit nervous all the time. He was...a leader."

I look up at Jake. Who is he talking about?
"Who? Who is he?" I ask.
"Well...I guess he was also always so oblivious." He smiles at me and I feel heat all over my face. He takes a deep breath.

"It was you. It is you."

Omfg 1183 words. Also I am so fucking sorry I like never update, I've mostly moved on from dead by daylight and it makes me feel really bad. Thank you so much for reading and supporting this book.

So this might be the last part of the book. I feel really bad to say that I've moved on from Dwake, but I kinda have. It'll always be my first number 1 opt in my head (oh god I'm getting sentimental over a fictional gay video game ship).

If you guys wanna keep reading my stuff, I have like a lot of stuff in the works, and two things I'm gonna try write is a DaiSuga book (Haikyuu!!) And a My Hero Academia book so maybe check those out oof.

So I just wanna say again, thank you so much for reading and supporting me. From the time writing my first part to this one I've grown heaps and that's kinda sad cause I grew over a dumb ship lmao.
Yeah there's like no dwake stuff left so I'm sorry if I was your dealer 😭💕😳
Anyways yeah this was pretty shit but y'know its something.

So uh, stay fresh cheese bags :D