Chapitre 1

Like every Sunday night, my friend and I were on the couch watching a movie. Tonight's movie was not that interesting since I let her pick one for us. We have different tastes when it comes to movies. I was so lost in my own thoughts in the smell of her cigarette. 'I hate that smell', I thought to myself until I heard her voice calling my name.

- 'Cécilia are you even listening to me?'

- 'I'm sorry what were you saying?' I turned to face her.

- 'Are you telling me that you didn't hear anything of what I was saying this whole time? I'm done with you' said Kira with a frown on her face.

- 'Listen I'm so tired I have to leave', I said as I got up to get my coat and shoes from the hallway

- 'Are you alright?' replied Kira following my steps

- 'Yes don't worry. I'm just feeling really tired and I need to rest before going to classes tomorrow morning'

- 'Would you like me to call my mum to drive you home?'

- 'No it's fine I'll just take a taxi. Have a good night and nice movie' I winked.

- 'I know you didn't like it. You were staring at the ceiling the whole time.' she said rolling her eyes.

- 'You have a really bad taste in movies.' I chuckled as I opened the door.

It was around 10 at night. The street was empty. A cold breeze touched the warmth of my cheek as I walked outside. I saw a cab coming from the corner of the neighbourhood and ran to catch it.

- 'Give me a call when you get home!' shouted Kira into the void.

- 'I will.' I said out of breath. 'This is why I need to start going to the gym' I muttered to myself.

I hail the taxi. The driver stops and I get in the back seat of the vehicle. I have always felt uncomfortable about sitting in the passenger seat of taxis. I rub my hands together in an attempt to warm them up. It was a freezing December night.

I pull my phone out of my bag to entertain myself on my way home when all of a sudden I feel the presence of someone beside me. I froze on my spot. I turn over to see what or who it was.

- 'You scared me!' I put my hand on my racing heart trying to calm down.

I couldn't see his face clearly because of the poor street lighting but I could see that it was a man. He had a hoodie on, light beard and a smirk on the corner of his face as a response to what I just said. He was looking out of the window and didn't even care to give me a reply.

- 'Miss, we have arrived.' interrupted the driver

- 'Oh...t-thank you' I stuttered still confused by the identity of the man sitting next to me. I hand the driver the money not taking my sight off of the strange man. 'Have a good night sir' I said to the old man closing the door behind me.

I struggled to find my keys in my overly stuffed handbag. 'Cécilia you need to clean out this damn bag enough is enough.' I muttered to myself again. I continue going up the stairs as I try to find my keys but I fail to. Before I even ring the bell of my mother and I's apartment, she opens the door and embraces me in her arms.

- 'How are you, my baby? I've missed you' She says holding me tightly.

- 'I'm fine mum. You've just seen me this morning.' I say low-key enjoying her affection.

She chuckled and moved to the side allowing me in. I went directly to my room to take off my clothes. When I reached for my bag to grab my phone it hit me that my ID card is not there. This can't be happening I can't lose it again it took me a decade to get a new one last time I dropped it. Suddenly, I hear someone ringing the doorbell.

- 'Céc can you get the door for me I'm in the kitchen'

- 'I'm coming' I yelled to whoever is on the other side of the door.

My heart drops to my stomach. I instantly recognized his figure. It's him: the guy from the taxicab earlier. I took a few seconds to absorb his features in. He was so tall his shadow covered my body, he had a long nose, hair tied up in a bun with shaved sides and plump kissable lips. I met his dark gaze. He was very intimidating.

- 'Yes?' I spoke shyly.

- 'You dropped this on your way out.' He said in a raspy voice.

I looked down and saw my ID card.

- 'Oh thank you I thought I lost it' I chuckled.

- 'Cécilia, right?' He smirked.

- 'Y-Yes ... what's your name?' I stuttered finding it hard to maintain eye contact with him.

- 'Nabil.' He smiled putting his small dimple to show.