I survived

This one is Kinda long!!!

Yes, I survived!

You know the part I forgot to tell you last time, is how I entered in room 113, a guy I don't remember brought me in the room telling me that my roommate is one guy from Ethiopia and in my heart I was like, strange things are adding more strange things here. Adem was his name; I remember seeing him arrange his bed with the help of his elder brother who had accompanied him, he looked tall and very slim to me with a tiger-like gaze, his simple reaction was am Robel who are you? then I said my name is Hus blaa blaa and all the mother tongue name he could not understand or even pronounce.

The next morning Pastor Matola a guy from my former high school whom my brother had connected me with came to pick me so that he would show me the cafeteria and help me finish up my registration. I took bread with blue-band and accompanied that with milk and choco which messed up my stomach for the rest of the day and swore to never take again choco in my entire life!! which of course was a lie!! things around went pretty quick, the confusion started to melt away little by little, everything started to make more sense and deep in me I had hope that everything would change for better, that I will learn and be fluent in Kiswahili. I took lone long walks around the campus getting to know such places as the university library, the farm and its beautiful scenery of green pasture with lots of cranes walking by peacefully and with style.

Classes started and with that came the biggest change, the arrival of my fellow countrymates. Inside me I was like now there won't be any confusion, I will have companions, I have friends who will understand me more than anyone....let me tell you all that what I was thinking was also going to be wrong, my mind perhaps was making a fantasy. Except for one: Axel. No countrymate ever became my real friend, to me they were different and people I could not learn any valuable lesson from.

Yes, I survived because after seeing that my people could not really be my people I found friendship and companionship in my roommates. Adem, Rambo, and Frank became the closest I had to a family during my campus life, they added to a number of many other friends who always were eager to teach me Kiswahili, to give me some tips on how to win a girl's heart and more.....here is a simple profile for those who made my life enjoyable and made me survive beyond my belief.

Adem Tesfaye, he is a Networking major; my roommate who is silent and very private, always has tips on how to repair that computer issue, he has lots of movies and always asking: Hus have you seen that new Celine Dion album? and oooh I can not forget that the first online order I ever made was with his help, it was such a big deal to me that I sought the help of an IT guy ( do not ask what it is that I was ordering but its  just some stupid stuff that every young man who wants to boost his looks takes!!)

Rambo Oracha, my first impression of him was like, this guy is so full of himself and he has such great self-confidence. I remember his first week in the room he came with news of two hot chicks he had seen around, one Kikuyu lady called Maggie who wore specs and another math major called Annie. he always has his hands writing a new big script, planning for a new big play or just bragging about his feminine conquests, he is the Cassanova of our room. When he is not doing all that he is taken by assignment or simply getting high..... I love seeing him high...

Then comes Francis, a guy with an enigma like personality, he is quite, he does not like to talk to anyone in the morning, he is a fan of ESPN watching football commentary on the latest games each morning, and you bet he is a great football player as he won the best player of the season in the latest campus football league season. He also loves movies, a big fan of EDM music and follower of Red pill content, all of which he introduced me too!! if you happen to find me talking to him you might think that there is a fight going on or two university professors are having a debate on a new discovery in their field.

My friends helped me survive, learn new things, they were with me in the whole journey of personal growth and discovery. they helped me bounce from my mistakes, they gave me selfless advice, they were there when I was broke with no money to buy my bath soap, we took chips together and I don't know how many bottles of Coca-Cola we took together, we enjoy taking roasted groundnuts together, and having silly arguments while we are taking meals. I survived because I met friends along the way, I survived because the friends I met welcomed me with open arms and made it possible for me to be someone I could not be.

Still, with all the progress, I was making in the Newland I longed for love, I longed to find someone that I would take care of, someone I would walk around holding hands with while the world stare at us with awe, I wanted someone to fill the emptiness I felt because of my upbringing with no father figure(something I discovered lately while I read a psychology book).....but it was far like the moon to find the perfect person I was looking for; I had to make really bad and painful decisions........