Prologue I : Make me the cutest!

In a small apartment with only two rooms, one being the bathroom was an assortment of anime and video game paraphernalia, from posters of cute anime girls doing certain poses to a large glass display cabinet showcasing mechanical looking humanoids with various weaponry, otherwise called mechas, or Gundams by otakus.

Aside from that cabinet were multiple other display cabinets with other various other items such as skimpily clad anime girl figurines to even some figurines of popular hero movie characters like iron-man and spider-man.

The bed as well had a cute pattern of chibi anime characters along with the pillow, Just across from the bed that was situated at the corner of the room was a gaming set-up with a large wooden desk, three high-quality monitors and gaming PC just underneath.

Unlike usual gaming setups, the wires were not messy and were actually zip-tied together, atop the desk along with the monitors were several miscellaneous items like figurines, drinks and snacks, and a thick notebook that seemed to be nearly full with several other notebooks that had been completely written in nearby.

Sitting on a gaming swivel chair with a pair of gaming headphones on was a middle-aged man that looked like he was in his late forties with short brown hair and deep brown eyes. Though he would not be considered handsome by the general populace, his face was above average mainly due to the good hygiene he practices daily.

If people were to see him walking the streets they would not consider him fat, but would not consider him fit either, though he does have a bit of a gut from eating fast-food quite frequently. Despite that, he had taught himself to cook some simple dishes such as mac and cheese, gravy, fried chicken and various other unhealthy yet delicious dishes.

Currently, he was playing a relatively new MMORPG that came out a couple of months ago called 'God Descendents' where players are the descendants of the gods in the game, It was extremely popular due to the endless combinations of skills and abilities players can choose from and the fact that there were no specific classes and thus no class restrictions.

He was currently level 57, which could be considered one of the highest levels a player could have in the game, with the majority still at level 30 to 40, with professionals still at level 40 to 50. Though he didn't have the highest level in the game, the honor going to someone with level 63, it still showcased his skill and expertise which made anyone who saw his level flock to his character with party and guild invites.

His character was currently at a secluded corner of the map where he had discovered a good farming spot for his current level with no one else around, though he knew some players had followed him to discover any good farming spots such as this one. Luckily they were all normal players with an average of level 30 to 35 and he had purposely led them to certain areas with mobs that could easily kill and distract them while his character slid away to go to his farming spot.

He had been farming in that particular spot for the past hour and a half while listening to a playlist consisting of his favorite songs from anime and popular artists. His character on-screen had suddenly stopped moving along with the mobs he had been farming, the in-game music that had been playing had stopped as well.

Thinking it was a lag spike he waited patiently for it to stop, after a few seconds a small frown appeared on his face followed by an annoyed groan tens of seconds after. The computer seemed to have hanged as he was unable to move his mouse or exit the game.

It was quite unusual as he had personally built this PC with the latest parts and had experienced little to no lag or problems when using it even to play games with insane graphics settings. He reached down to manually turn off his PC to reboot it but was confused when the screen still showed the frozen game.