Prologue

The world was barren. No land marks. Nothing at all in this world. The terrain was a pure white. The air was still, the only motion on this White land was my breath. I looked down and saw myself, I was still wearing my school's uniform, but it was pure white as well. I was afraid. Where am I?

    I looked up. Pure darkness. The darkness swelled almost as if it was watching me, as if something out there knew I was here in this waste land of nothingness. I started to search and walk aimlessly around this world. I moved faster, and to my surprise I didn't have to exert myself any more to move any faster. My heart rate and breathing was no different than if I was sitting still. I chuckled to myself with a sense of empowerment. I was determined. Where am I?

   Time was meaningless. I kept my movement through the world and nothing seemed to be changing outside of the few bumps of the ground as if a wave was passing through it. I kept my eyes on the horizon, where the darkness met the white. It was perfect, absolute. Forever a line that is always the same distance away perfectly unchanging. Then there was an Object. Standing amidst the world. I was Curious. Where am I?

   Soon I was before it. A door. When I looked at it, it was black if the white world was behind it, and white if the darkness was behind it, ever changing its color to meet my perspective. It was the only thing. The only object lost in this world with me. I felt bad for it, what did it do to deserve a lonely spot in the universe with me. It had to have answers.

    I placed my hand on the handle. I opened the door.