Chapter 2

*3 Weeks Later*
Today is our first real game of the season. We play a team from Pusan National University in Busan. They look like they wanna destroy us in soccer, but we go to a university that specializes in sports. There's no way they're beating us. We've trained our butts off for this day. As we're running into the field, I see all my friends in the stands, cheering me on. I smile as I see them all, waving to them. I take my position on defense and the whistle is loudly blown. The game now begins. I protected our goal very well, I didn't let that ball get past me. I made all the amazing passes that my coach had taught me. I use all the lessons I learned against this team. Some might say that soccer is a lot of back and forth, which makes it boring. To those people, you can say the exact thing about American football. I'm just stating an opinion.

The game ends with us winning by a landslide: 23-10. All my friends stand up and cheer for me. It wasn't just me, it was the whole team who worked together. Sora runs over to me.
"You did amazing out there. Those blocks and passes." Sora said.
"Haha, it was nothing." I said.
"Nothing? You were so good." Sora said.
"Thanks, after winning this game, would you like to go out for some celebratory barbecue?" I asked.
"Sure, I'll ask the others." Sora said, walking away. I grab his hand, pulling him back.
"No, just you." I said.
"Why?" Sora asked.
"I want some alone time with you." I said, "I'll explain later."
"Hmm, okay." Sora said.

We go to my favorite Korean barbecue restaurant in Seoul. Sora and I walk in and get ourselves a seat. I hesitate to start talking to him about this certain topic. It's always hard for me to admit this to guys.
"Sora, I've waited weeks to tell you something." I said.
"What is it?" He asks, starting to grill bulgogi.
"Um. . . Okay, I'm just going to say it. I like you." I said.
"I'm sorry. . . I just like you as a friend. Let's hang out more, and then we'll see how I feel." Sora said.
"No, it's okay. I just wanted to get it off my chest." I said.
"Good job, it shows you're confident." Sora said.
"I have little confidence, but thanks anyway." I said.
"I can help you work on that." Sora said.
"Your English is really good. Where did you learn?" I asked.
"Oh, I spent some time in New York one year. I learned that way." Sora said.
"Cool." I said.
"You mentioned you loved Japan. Would you like to learn Japanese from me?" Sora asked.
"That would be lovely. Now, I'll be learning two languages at once; Korean and Japanese." I said.
"Take it one at a time." Sora laughs.
"I know, learning two at once can be stressful." I said.
We finish eating, then begin walking down the street. It's dark now, and we're making our way back to school. After finding out that Sora just likes me as a friend makes me understand that I need to take things slow. I thought I waited long enough to confess to him. I guess not all things are meant to be, and I need to realize that.
"Well, I may not like you, Shelly, but I do know someone who does." Sora said.
"Huh? Who?" I asked.
"One of my friends, he's an idol actually. His name is Jung Jaehyun. You two should meet." Sora said.
"I don't know, what does he look like?" I asked.
Sora pulls up a picture of him:

"Wait, is that Jaehyun of NCT 127? I know him! How does he like me because he's never met me

"Wait, is that Jaehyun of NCT 127? I know him! How does he like me because he's never met me." I said.
"So you're familiar? I've told him all about you, and he said he's curious of meeting you." Sora said.
"When is the soonest I can meet him?" I asked.
"He said tomorrow." Sora said.
"Oh. . ." I said, "Yeah, I'm free."
"Good, meet me at the field after practice. He'll also be here." Sora said.
"I definitely like him and can't wait to meet him." I said.
"Okay, I texted him. He said he'll meet us here." Sora said.
"Cool, see you tomorrow." I said.

Sora and I part ways. Now, I guess I completely forget about my puppy crush on Sora, and fully focus on my lowkey crush on Jaehyun. He has always been a bias wrecker for me. Whether it be his baritone voice or his adorable personality, I love everything about him. When I get back to my dorm, I can't stop smiling. He will be on my mind all night now. I spent most of my evening googling him and just admiring his beautiful face. I also listened to my favorite cover by him: I Like Me Better. His deep, sexy damn gets me every time. When I heard that cover for the first time, I think I screamed like ten different times. That's how much his voice causes me to fall in love. I watched that music video over and over. He looks like such boyfriend material in that video. If things go right, he might actually become my boyfriend. Now, that's a dream come true.

Mi-Cha eventually comes in and sees me gushing over Jaehyun.
"You look happy. What happened?" Mi-Cha asked.
"Well, I'm going to meet someone tomorrow who's very special in my heart." I said.
"Aww, well I wish you luck with your romantic adventures." Mi-Cha said.
"Thank you. Well, I'm going to try to go to bed, while trying not to think about Jaehyun too much." I said.
Mi-Cha giggles, "You are so in love."
". . .yeah." I sigh.
"Sweet dreams." Mi-Cha said.

I slowly fall asleep to covers by Jaehyun. To think I'll be meeting him tomorrow makes me so happy. I've never. . . Actually take that back. I have met celebrities, but they were Filipino actors, and they were in disguise, so that didn't really count. Yes, that happened in real life, fun fact. Anyways, I've always wondered what Jaehyun is like, and now I finally get to meet him.