deux

-          bzzt.

a notification woke yerin. it was late morning, the sunlight filtering delicately through the blinds and casting slats of light onto the floor. she looked blearily around her room, noting mina's empty bed, before looking down at her own messy sheets. it had been a restless night, to say the least.

yerin fumbled around for her phone, which was perched on the edge of her bedside table. among the notifications from emails and liked photos, a text.

jgguk97: meet @ 5:00, our usual spot?

jgguk97: :)

yerin shuddered with a combination of giddiness and shock as the events of the night before crashed over her, a miniature tsunami of emotion. okay, she was definitely awake now.

what was this going to be? a date? an interrogation? a rejection? would they even talk about the kiss?

yerin imagined it how it would play out. she would walk in, he'd get up from the table in slow motion and cross the café to meet her, pull her into his arms, they'd share a long, meaningful kiss...

or else he'd look up from the booth as she stepped in the door, glowering and gesturing for her to sit with him. he'd sigh, and frown at his hands. "yerin," he'd say. "i'm sorry about last night." 

"it was a mistake," he'd say. or, "i'm actually seeing someone. this - us - it never happened."

yerin snapped back to reality, but her thumb still hesitated over her phone. what was that smiley face about? was it flirty, or merely friendly? or was it trying to soften the blow?

yerin sighed. i'm overthinking this.

shyeri: sure :)