Chapter One.

Destiny

"You're useless Destiny. I wish you were never born!" My father, Drew yells, and throws a glass bottle at me.

I see pain in my brother, Jared's eyes as the glass hits me and breaks . He hates watching my father abuse me like what's happening now. I don't say anything, and watch the blood fall off me, and onto the floor.

"Now you don't have anything to say. That proves that my fact of you being worthless IS TRUE!" My father then comes up, and punches me, knocking me off my feet.

"I"M DONE!! I"M LEAVING!" I shout, get up and storm into my room.

I slam my door, and start packing everything, putting my chair underneath my doorknob so my dad doesn't try breaking in. I grab my notebook, sketchbook, Ipod, and my blades. I open up my window, and hop off the roof, only hurting my hand a bit. I start running to my best friend's, Sage's house.

Once I got there, could tell they were asleep. So I sat on her porch, and grabbed one of my blades. I slowly-

I wake up with a jolt. I'm inside Sage's house now, sweating badly from that dream I had. And sadly, that dream was actually me reliving what happened yesterday. She is awake, curled up in the corner of her bed rocking back and forth. Sage was panicking.

"Sage love, come here." I say and cough a couple times, throat sore.

"I w-want J-Jordan." She stammers and crawls to me.

"I know. We have an hour to get ready, then you can see Jordan. Okay?" I whisper in her ear.

She nods and shoots from my arms, pecking my cheek first. Sage gets dressed in a whirlwind. She is done quickly, her black hair falling around her pale face and into her( at the moment) blue eyes. Sage follows as I kind of limp into her bathroom to see all the wounds that my father gave me. She helps me peel my sweaty clothing off my thin body and I wince as I feel my cuts reopening.

"I really think you shouldn't go to school today Destiny. Mary Ann will be angry, and you will get bullied even worse." Sage sighs sadly.

"Not that I won't protect you." She adds.

"I know, but I should go anyway. I'll get bullied no matter what. Now I need my bag with my stuff."

She grits her teeth, wanting to kill everybody that has hurt me. But she sighs and goes off to get my bag. I grab the first aid kit, an old rag, and I start cleaning the wounds on my legs. Sage walks in and hands me my clothes, and bathroom supplies. No blades. Damn!

"You took my blades away!! The heck!!" I growl.

"You know I am a recovered cutter. I don't want them near me or you or Bella." Sage replies nonchalantly.

"You know I'll probably find another way to cut, but whatever. I need a new beanie.....my dad burned it when it was still in my hands..." I say and wince at that memory.

She dashes back into her room, grabs a black one before returning and handed it to me. Once my wounds were all clean, and my clothes were on, I pull the black beanie onto my black and turquoise hair. She winks at me and offers me an arm. I take it, and she helps me up, and grabs both of our book bags. She sighs and then just lifts me up bridal style, throwing her bag down.

"Don't need that." She mutters to herself.

I sigh, then snuggle into her. I wish I could find a guy and be like her, I think to myself. She smiles and walks to her car. Leaning against the black beauty was her boyfriend, Jordan.

"Do we need to pick up Mary Ann, or is she getting a ride from her boyfriend?" I ask, sitting in her passenger seat.

"Jordan sits there, you know that. Also, Lucas is taking her to school." Sage replies.

"Jordan please don't make me move..." I whimper to Sage's boyfriend.

"Fine. But later I'm kidnapping her." He says.

"You do that." I say and sigh.

"Yes!" Sage exclaims and starts her Impala up.

I stare out the window, still wishing I could find a guy. Sage turns the song up and I smile, it being The Drug In Me Is You by Falling In Reverse.I start singing along, when the car slows down to a stop. We are in front of the school now and she slides out her window. Sage skips over and picks me up, sliding me out the window as well. Jordan comes up behind her and kisses her cheek stealthily. Their relationship is a secret, but everybody knows anyways.

"Hey Sage, got any cute guy friends that will like me?" I blurt then smack my hand over my mouth.

"Yeah I bet Dimitri will like you!" She exclaims

"What does he look like?" I ask curious.

"You'll see." Sage mumbles.

My eyes look around, and land on my brother. He looks like he's been crying, and then he looks at me. He sprints up to Sage, takes me from her arms, and holds me tightly against him, sobbing.

"Jared, loosen the grip. The wounds reopened." I mumble, and he loosens his grip.

"Sorry Dest, I've just been so worried about you. I watched you leave the house, I didn't know where you went. Dad wanted me to look for you, so he can beat you again. I'm pretending I am. I just-" He drops me to my feet, and hugs me sobbing again.