Chapter Two.

Destiny

After my brother stopped sobbing, I limped inside. I could hear people talking shit, but I learned to ignore it. Sage was close behind me, glaring at everybody.

I walk to my locker, starting to get my stuff. "Bet you that she deserved it since she's a little bitch." Someone says, and I wanted to snap.

Before I knew what was happening, Sage was rapidly growling out a list of insults as she lunges at the chick who had said that. A man I didn't know grabbed her to help her boyfriend get Sage off the chick.

"Sage! Stop!" Isabella, her twin says as she looks at me with worried brown eyes.
"Des, come on." Sage pulls me gently to our class.

Mary Ann was there, her eyes wide. I sit in my seat which is next to her.
The door opens and I see it was the principal.
"Sage. Come with me." he says calmly.

I look down at my desk when Sage leaves. The teacher comes up to me and asks softly, "How bad was it this time?"

"Pretty bad." I mumble.

"You don't deserve this, Destiny. " She says softly, and hands out our homework. I quietly start doing the math problems.

The principal comes back in. "Destiny, come with me please." He says. I nod, putting my stuff in my bag, and limped to his office. Sage was sitting in the other chair, looking bored.

"He did it again. Why haven't you been getting help miss Destiny?" He asks me as I sit down in the chair.

"I've tried, and so has Jared. We've called the cops, but he acts like nothing has ever happened. After they're far away, he beats me. It'll never end, sir."

"Maybe you and Jared should go stay with Sage and her family for a little while? I'll contact your father and tell him you three are doing an independent study about functioning as independent individuals or something like that. Sound good?"

My eyes shot up. "Sir, that's not a great idea. He doesn't know where I left. Jared is okay, he's the 'perfect child,' but im the mistake."

"Fine, I'll tell him you're doing a class with Sage that is required for you to graduate early with a full scholarship ride to whatever college you want."

"Fine, but please don't mention where I'm at, sir. Please," I beg softly.

"I'll tell him you're staying in another city over from here, does that sound safe enough?"

I look at Sage, wanting her input.

"I'm sure my older brother wouldn't mind Izzy and me taking a couple weeks off from school to take care of Des, you already know we're both an entire semester ahead of everybody else in our grade bro." Sage chuckles a bit then smirks at me with that rebellious look in her different colored eyes.

I look at the both of them, "If you can help me find some supplies to work on my sketches, we have a deal."

"You know my brother will give us a good 500 bucks to get you the shit you need." Sage sasses back with an evil grin.

"Then let's go! If he will let us." I nod towards the principal.

"Go ahead girls." He smiles at us.

Sage shoots up, picks me and my stuff up, and leaves at a quick pace. She still had that evil grin on her face.