Chapter 3: Discussions

"I'm so sorry Taron" I said, utterly emotional about all this.

Taron's eyes were all teared up. He sniffed "Thank you. At least you know the truth now"

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you" I said "I just never thought Emily was capable of that"

He cringed when he heard her name "Neither did I"

I got home later that night and absentmindedly put my purse on the dresser, retrieved my phone out of it and sat down on the couch. Taron had sent me a text. I had unblocked him tonight.

<<Thank you for believing me>>

I had to smile. I couldn't believe I was apparently closer to Taron now than to my best friend. For the last few months I had thought he had been a liar and a cheater and it turned out he was neither. I felt like I wanted to cuddle him, make him feel better for everything Emily had done to him.

"You seem to be in a good mood" Eve said as she got out of the bathroom.

"Why?" I looked at her confused.

"Cause you're all smiling at your phone and everything" she laughed "Did you meet someone?"

"I did not" I laughed it off

Then I turned serious "But there is something I have to tell you"

She looked worried "You didn't lose your job, did you?"

I frowned "No... why?"

"Cause you're always late?" she smirked

I thought about that. I would really have to be on time more often "No it's not that"

"What is it then?" she asked as she started to braid her damp hair.

"I met Taron again" I started "We got talking and he told me the story about how Emily cheated on him and not the other way around"

"Say again?" Eve blinked.

"Exactly. He was out in town right before Christmas last year and saw her kissing another man. When he confronted her, she told him that she had had an affair for months and that she was sorry"

"Holy shit" Eve blurted out "So she's the liar and the cheater?"

"Apparently" I sighed "I can't believe this. I actually thought I knew my friend"

"What else did he tell you?" she asked

"She told him she still loved him and it had meant nothing" I let out a breath. "How could she do that? Not only did she lie to Taron but she also lied to us and made us believe Taron was the bad guy"

"Look at you, defending Taron and all" Eve smiled.

"It's true" I insisted "I mean poor Taron. He didn't only go through a break up, he also had no idea why we didn't talk to him anymore"

I hadn't been best friends with him but I had considered him a friend before they had broken up. I even slapped him, for no reason. I should much rather apologise for having a friend like Emily.

"You're right" Eve said "I always said Taron didn't seem like a cheater"

I nodded "Yeah, you did" She seemed to have a sixth sense for that kind of stuff.

"Should we confront Emily with that?" she asked me.

I shrugged "I don't know. I mean look how she reacted on cinema night. She freaked out over a movie"