Chapter 3 - Mysteries and Memories

*Dipper*

After the little incident with Bill, everyone was pretty much ready to leave. I stand at the front door, telling everyone goodbye, waiting for Blaine. I don't find him. Maybe he ran off when he saw Bill.
I close the door behind me and sigh, pressing my back to it and sliding down to the floor. How. Tiring! I was gonna need another nap.
I started to clean up when Mabel came to find me. "Hey bro-bro! Did ya enjoy the party?" She punches me playfully on the arm. Oh. So she didn't see Bill. Thank god.
"Yeah, sure, I guess. Most of the guests were here for you, so..." I shrug my shoulders and start sweeping the floor again.
"Well, Blaine was here for you though!~" , she teased. Oh god. "You met Blaine...?" She squeals. " Yessssss! Oh, and don't worry, he's all yours. He's cute, sure, but not really my type. "
That's something new about my sister now, is that she has a type besides "cute boy". "And here's the BEST part! I'M gonna set you guys up!~" I froze. It's never good when Mabel plays matchmaker.
"Wait, but he never came and gave me his-!" Mabel shoves a piece of paper into my hand. "He told me to get this to you next time we talked! I think he left right after. Family emergency or something."
I sigh. " Mabel, thank you, but I wanna see what happens on its own with this. I'll signal you if I need help, but until then, just... please lay low, ok? "
Mabel nods. What? She's agreeing? "Got it! I don't know enough about the guy to use my traditional methods anyways! I'll be chill for now." Mabel starts pushing me up the stairs. " Now, GO TEXT YOUR BOYFRIEND!!! "
I sigh and groan, " He's NOT my boyfrieeeeend...! ", before I start walking up the stairs on my own. I reach my room, shut my door, and immediately grab my phone. There was one little word in the back of my mind after that sentence: YET. He isn't my boyfriend YET. I copied his number into my contacts and labeled him as Blaine❤~. I started texting him.

Dipper: Hey Blaine! I see you got your number to me after all. Did you enjoy the party?

Blaine❤~: Oh..! Dipper, is that you? I didn't think I'd hear from you so soon!
Blaine❤~: Yeah, the party was fun! Sorry I had to leave so soon, but my mom broke her leg and I was needed immediately.

Dipper: good, I'm glad you liked it. Sorry about ur mom tho.

Blaine ❤~: It's fine, just a broken leg. Knowing my mother she'll be better in a month.
Blaine ❤~: Did you open your present yet?

Dipper: No, just about 2 tho.

Blaine ❤~: Alright... Uh, ttyl, then. Bye Dipper.

Dipper: L8er Blaine!

*Blaine❤~ has left the chat*
*Dipper has left the chat*

I set down my phone, smiling. Well then. Time to see what he got me. I picked the box up off of my bedside table and unwrapped it as carefully as I could. If I ever got the chance to give him a gift, I wanted it to be meaningful.
I removed the wrapping paper and opened the box.
Oh my god......
What!?

In the box, there's a blue plush of the pine tree on my hat. How did he know about that..? In there were also... things from our Bill encounters. An expired firework, one of Mabel's old sock puppets, and an old, bloodied fork.
I instinctively rubbed the scar on my arm from the last one and shuddered. Still there after six years. But then, I noticed a piece of paper in the bottom of the box. I carefully pulled it out and read the note left on it.

Dear Dipper,
Wow. Six years, huh? That's a long time, eh, kiddo? I'm sure you've probably guessed by now, but uh... I'm not some kid from your school, pal. It's me, Bill Cipher. Honestly surprised you didn't catch the whole initials thing. Or maybe you did and ran me off and just threw the box away. Or maybe you just never opened it. Either way, you most likely won't see this.
Anyways... I don't know how you're gonna react to all this, but I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for tormenting you, I'm sorry for trapping your sister, I'm sorry for weirdmageddon, everything. I'm an awful excuse of a person, and I don't expect you to forgive me, just.... Please know I care about you. Because, dammit, Mason, I really do. I'd love to be able to speak to you... as normal people... Uhm... I-I'm gonna attend your school next semester..! Just look for how you saw me today. If you're interested in being civil, that is. Anyways, I gotta go. Later pinetree!
-Bill💛

Oh my god, what in hell's name is happening to me!?