Chapter 2

"Maddy, we're going on a double date.  Find someone to go with."  I say with a smile.  "A-A double date?  Why?"  She says, looking taken aback.

I grab her hands and hold them in mine.  "Maddy, you've been so lonely these past few years.  I wanted to do something for you.  Just go.  It'll be fun."

"I don't know..."  She says hesitantly, looking uneasy.  "Ever since Jeff, you haven't been on a date.  You haven't had not one boyfriend.  I just want to see you happy."  I say, giving her a concerned look.

She looks away and sighs before looking back at me.  "Fine.  I'll go.  Where are we even going?"  I smile and clap my hands, cheering.

"We're going to go ice skating then go out for ice cream."

.....

We're at the ice rink, about to get on the ice, but this picture isn't right.  "Maddy, where's your date?"  I say with a frown, raising a brow.

She puts her hands in her pockets, looking down.  "He, um, cancelled last minute."  "Aaaawww, I'm sorry.  Well, hey, at least you can have fun with us."  I smile.

Maddy puts on her ice skating shoes and we start skating.  I do a figure eight, Michael skating around me with a bright smile on his face as he watches me.

Michael and I hold hands as we start skating around the rink.  "Come on, Maddy.  Skate with us."  I say.

I look behind and see that she's trailing behind us.  I turn my head back around.

Madison's POV

Why am I even here?  I'm just a third wheel.  I'm supposed to be having fun with them, but seeing them together just makes me feel even more lonely.

I don't have a date.  It's not like I have Jeff anymore.  It's no fun when it's supposed to be a double date and I just end up third wheeling.  This isn't fun for me.

.....

Kayla's POV

I start kicking up the heat and skate like a professional figure skater, doing a whole routine.  "Woohoo!"  Michael says, clapping and cheering me on.

I twirl, my leg bent to my head, holding it up.  When I stop, Michael's in front of me.  "Babe, I didn't know you could skate like that."

I smile.  "I used to do it a lot as a kid."  "Guess who's the best ice skater ever."  "Who?"  I smile.  "You."  I giggle and he intiates a kiss.

Madison's POV

Seeing them kiss just makes me feel worse.  I want to go home now, but I don't want to be a downer.  Sigh.

Kayla's POV

I skate over to Maddy.  "Skate with me."  I say, smiling.  I take her hands in mine and we commence to spinning around.

After spinning around, we start ballroom dancing.

.....

Michael and I are sharing a cookies 'n cream ice cream cone, and Maddy got rocky road.

Michael and I stare at each other and smile as we lick our ice cream.  I love him so much.  I'm glad he loves me the same.

Madison's POV

I look over at them and roll my eyes.  I was starting to feel better when Kayla was skating with me, but now I just feel like shit again.

Why do they have to have such a perfect relationship and I have nothing?