Love

John let out a small groan as he sat up, he turned to his left and saw his beautiful fiancee laying next to him. "Good morning.." He mumbled as he reached over to brush the hair off her face. John saw the peeling off skin that he loved, the rotting teeth he couldn't live without, and those empty eye sockets that constantly leaked blood and the occasional cockroach.

His fiancee snarled at him and tried to bit his finger but John was faster. "Oh, is that your way of telling me you're hungry?" He chuckled as he got out the bed. "Come on baby, I think we still have some of mom left over for you." The pain no longer stung, his mother was slowly being eaten by Bridgette and it felt okay.

Almost like she knew what he was saying, the zombie got up but she didn't get far because of the chains.

John heard Bridgette snarling and trying to break free from the chains and it brought a smile to his face. "She never was a morning person." He opened the freezer and shivered at the cold hitting his bare chest. John looked around and pulled out a forearm. "Shoot.. Bridgette isn't going to be happy about this." 

He walked back to Bridgette and she was an inch away from ripping off her own arm. "Hey!" John shook his head and used his stick to push her against the wall so she would stop tugging the chain. "Enough, I got your breakfast." He threw the forearm on the bed and let Bridgette go. She let out a skin curling scream as she tore the flesh off the frozen limb. "Jeez.. I should have brought you a napkin." John chuckled and went back to the kitchen, there was no food for him. "Megan should be coming over today with some cans.." Megan was his friend, they were surviving together until Bridgette was bitten. She didn't like the idea of keeping her with them so she kicked them out but it was okay, as long as he was with Bridgette.. Nothing mattered.

After only fantasizing about a meal, he decided he should give Bridgette her bath. John went back to the room and saw nothing left but the bone. "I remember our first date, you weren't afraid to show me your appetite." He went under the bed and grabbed the sheet he used to gag her so she couldn't bite him. "It's bath time sweetie." John got back up and slowly approached Bridgette. She growled as he got closer and started to chomp at him, every missed bite leading to a louder scream. "Hey! Calm down!" He tried to get it into her mouth but he continued to miss and it was making him angry but finally, she bit the fabric and he quickly got behind her and tightened the gag. She struggled but after the gag was on, he hugged her from behind and tried to calm her. "Sh.. It's okay, it's me." 

Once she stopped struggling, John took her to the bathroom and let the water run, they were part of a community that shared water from a source so even with half the world dead, they still had water but it was very cold. "It's a little chilly so I hope you don't mind." He picked her up gently and set her in the tub. "We ran out of soap two days ago so i'm just going to give you a scrub." John grabbed the scrub and gently started to clean her, he had to be careful because her skin fell off easily. As he cleaned her, the water started to turn black and small bugs drowned. She wasn't the cleanest thing and even started to have bugs infest her decaying body but John didn't mind, he knew she was beautiful. 

She was 'clean' after a few minutes and he helped her out the water. "I'll brush your hair, I know how much you love it." John tied the zombie to a chair in front of the mirror and grabbed the brush. "Remember the song?" He cleared his throat and gently started to sing as he brushed. "Your hair, your eyes.. they give me butterflies. Your smile brightens everybody's lives." John felt sick, something in his gut didn't feel right. 

A laughed echoed through his head. "Oh John.. you forgot the words again!" It was her. "It's 'Your hair, your eyes, they give me butterflies. Your smile is what  want to see as you walk down the aisle."