chapter 8

Zaria decided that they needed to leave immediately, mostly because she was unsure how long her spell on the blackbird would last. It could happen that the bird was going to disappear after 15 minutes or after an hour who knows.

After checking a few other spells that could be useful and was thankfully working in this world, they flew away on her broom in the night right behind the blackbird.

"I dislike this form. it's easier being a cat." Akito tightened his arms around Zaria's waist while trying to sit in a better position. It was annoying for Zaria to feel him move so much behind her. She even considers turning him back into his cat, so she didn't have to deal with his constant moving.

"Akito, be still. The faster we get some information, the faster I will turn you back into a cat."

She heard him hissing, at her annoyed.

"Why don't you turn me back now?. You have already tried a few spells you don't need me in this form anymore."

Zaria, wonders that too why she didn't turn him back into a cat already she had no plans with him in a human form. If anything, everything would have been much easier if he was a cat again. The only thing was she hasn't seen a single living animal anywhere, besides a few white birds. But no cats or dogs walking around on the street.

" I think your cat form will grab more attention at the human base." She finally said before turning her attention back to the blackbird.

" Care to explain why?."

She thought for a second, wonder if she didn't see any living animals around in the destroyed city.

" Did you see any animals in the city or smelled any?."

She didn't get an answer for a short while until she heard Akito sigh heavily and pressed his face against her back.

" No, I haven't. That detail hasn't appeared to me. Guess its better for me to be in this awful form."

Zaria rolled her eyes, annoyed that he still complained over the form.

" Why are you even complaining?. Now you have hands to grab things with."

" I rather have claws instead of hands."

With a heavy sigh, Zaria turning her attention to the bird who now was frozen in the air, like a statue floating in the air.

" What is wrong with the bird?." Asked while he put his hands on Zaria's head and pressed her head down.

" Akito, you are too heavy to stand on my head!." Zaria angrily hit his stomach with her elbow and breathed out in relief when the weight on her head was gone.

" Ouch, what was that for?."

" It just took you a second to forget that you are not a cat anymore. You are heavy in this form." She shook her head, annoyed, and turned back to the frozen bird that slowly turned white. " I guess it's far the spell can work," she said more to herself, looking around the area around them. " But it's good enough for us."

Before they decided to find the human base, they had no idea what to expect. But they could never guess that they would see a tall cement wall, that caged in a city that was glowing with lights.

Zaria stared at the wall for a while till she saw guards walking slowly at the top, looking at the ground like predator guarding their territory.

Zaria watched them, tried to see an opening to fly over them without them realizing they are there. After a few minutes of watching the guards, she finally saw an opening and made her broom go the fastest speed it could go. When they were on the other side, she quickly hides between the nearest building, before anybody saw them.