Aaliyah Haughton: Back and Forth

I sighed as I looked in the mirror . I wish we didn't have to move out to Compton . But it was for my mom because she had a new job as a hairstylist. That meant a new school for me , which I did not want to come to in the first place . I admired my outfit . It consisted of a pair of white Robins Jeans , a white tank top , and my all white Air Force 1s . I liked to call my white af1s , Angels. I had my hair bone straight down the middle and I slid on my shades . I applied a thin layer of red lipstick. As I was doing that , my phone buzzed signaling I had a message .

Bae💚💏 - Liyah , Ima miss you baby girl . From the way you smile to the way yo angelic voice sing . Keep me in mind while you're away 😢 .

That message made my eyes slightly water . That was my boyfriend, Robert Kelly , from my old school .

Baby Girl 💋❤️ - aw , Robert , ima miss you way more . And I surely will keep you in mind . Always 💯

I sighed as I made my way downstairs. I saw that my mom must've already made her way to work , seeing that she wasn't here . I walked outside and hopped in my red Lamborghini. I blasted Jay Z as I made my way to Crenshaw High . Once I got there , I spotted all the students were all in the parking lot messing around . As I stepped out of my car , I swear it got dead silent and ALL eyes were on me . I even saw some hoochies roll their eyes but I shook it off .

"Damn , she must get big money!" A guy said putting emphasis on big . I lowly chuckled. I liked having attention and all but these folks just wouldn't stop staring .

"Rashawn , now you KNOW I don't allow you looking at these hos !" A loud mouthed hoochie dressed in booty shorts said popping the guy in the head . I ain't know how these Compton girls get down but man , they call ANYBODY a ho . A group of fellas walked up to me .

"You one fine honey ," said the one with the grill in his mouth .

"Aye , DeAnte , gone man ! You know this my baby momma ," I laughed at that .

"Ohh , this one got dimples too , my nigga !" Another said dapping I'm guessing DeAnte up.

"Would yall fools move and let the beautiful lady through?" I looked up and I saw a guy with a black bandana tied around his head and he had a nose ring . Looks like a thug but is really a gentleman . Hmm . I smiled as the made a path for me to get through. I walked inside the school and the hallway was even more crowded . I managed to make my way to my locker but got stopped by a girl with long box braids up in a high side ponytail , gold hoop earrings ,six inch long red nails ,and was sucking on a cherry sucker . She eyes me closely and sucked on the sucker .

"You know 'Pac?" She asked . She had an attitude and I don't what for .

"Who?" I asked unsure.

"You heard me, now . Imma ask you again . You know 'Pac?"

"Um , no . Who is that ?"

"He's MY boyfriend , the one with the bald head , also the one you was just all over ..."

"I wasn't over nobody , let's just let that be known right now . But instead of you getting all in my mix , gone over there and ask HIM these questions." I said letting the Detroit side come out . I seriously wanted to know what was trying to do , because right now , her nose was flaring but I . Didn't . Care .

"You know what new girl ? I ain't like you from the moment I saw you pull up in that candy red Lamborghini , actin like you all that . Well , guess what , ho . IM all that . Always will be .You not about to try and take my spotlight nor my boyfriend. Ok ?" She talked so ghetto , with all the hand gestures and pointing her freakishly long red nails in my face .

I dismissed her by putting my hand to her face and walking away . I heard her scoff . I rolled my eyes . I walked into my first period class . Everyone's eyes darted toward me . The teacher smiled at me .

"Aaliyah Haughton ? You can right there , next to DeAnte ." DeAnte smiled widely . I unfortunately sat next to him and as soon as Ms.Wells turned around , he scooted his chair up to my desk .

"Aaliyah , huh ? Cute lil name you got there ." He complimented .

"Thanks ." I said as I began to write down notes from off the board .

"Your welcome ." He said sliding back to his desk . A second later the hoochie and I'm guessing Pac came into the room arguing .

"I can't stand you Pac ! You get on my nerves ! " she said sitting at her desk before flashing me a glare .

"You know what , Jasmine ? Maybe if you wasn't such a ho , we wouldn't have this problem . " He said .

"Jamal , shut up ! Maybe if you wasn't such a bastard--" Jasmine got cut off by Ms.Wells .

"Jasmine and Jamal ! You two are both tardy and being very disruptive . I could just send you two right to the office. " Ms.Wells said .

"Man , fuck that office , " Jamal/Pac mumbled . Everyone chuckled beside me . Wow . Jasmine sent me another stare and I blew her a kiss then rolled my eyes . The rest of class was a breeze .

It was now lunch time and the cafeteria was live . As I sat down at a table by myself, Jasmine and two other girls got on a table and did a dance . These girls really think they Solange from Bring It On 😂 . I'll admit the dance was good , but they needed a tad bit more rhythm . And Jasmine was stiff but she still did her thing . At one point , Jasmine bought up Jamal and put her index finger under his chin and shook her 🍑🍑🍑 . I guess they made up . Then after the dance was over , they all hopped off the table and joined the large group of boys at their table . A really pretty girl walked up to my table .

"Aye , so you the new girl?" She asked .

"Yeah . " I said .

"I'm Kim but everyone calls me Lil Kim Cuz ya now , I'm short ." She laughed and I did too .

"I'm Aaliyah . But do they always do table dancing like that ?" I asked .

"Nah . Jasmine is just a show off . She do allat for Pac ." Kim said as she looked at me furrowing her eyebrows.

"Take ya shades off ." I forgot I had them on . I slid them off and she gasped .

"Yo eyes is ... cute ." I laughed .

"Thank you ."

"So , I saw the way Pac looked at you this morning ."

"Oh , Jamal ? I'm not worried about him . But I'll be right back . I need some ranch ." I walked up to the sauce bin and grabbed a pack of ranch . I bumped into someone. It was Jasmine . We were right in front of their table and their attention darted to us .

"Watch were you goin , new girl ." She said making everyone laugh .

"Watch how you dance , stiff girl ." I said making everyone say "damn" and "ohh" . She glared at me then walked right back to the seat . I was walking away , but DeAnte grabbed my arm . He pulled me on his lap . Robert instantly popped up in my head . He ran his fingers through my hair and whispered in my ear .

"You so beautiful, Aaliyah ." I shook my head and got off him . I walked back to my table and decided to tell Kim about Robert .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whooooo ! I typed this on my phone , my fingers is on 10 . This story takes place in 1994 so excuse the way I'm making Aaliyah talk . Give me feedback and vote this story . You have to read for an update 💜

In Loving Memory of Aaliyah Dana Haughton. She was naturally the best and we lost her too quick . I miss her and I still listen to her music . Also , this story has Tupac Shakur , whom we have also lost . I always thought Aaliyah and Tupac would make a great couple . Had these have been alive today , THEY would've been the Bey and Jay Z . But unfortunately, it isn't that way. May God rest their souls 🙏🙏🙏