Visit of the Reaper

I went out into my kitchen to eat breakfast and gasped as I saw a well dressed man pouring coffee. His face was pale and speckled gray. 

     "Who are you?" I asked as I took a couple steps back. 

      His quiet voice pierced you to the soul, a slight British accent shining through. "I'm a grim reaper, but please stay calm. I'm not here for you."

      I walked back to the kitchen counter and said, "Well then, why are you here?"

     He sighed and said, "Would you like some coffee?" 

      I sat down at the counter and sighed. "I guess I'll need it." 

      He smiled and handed me a cup full of the sweet ambrosia. I took a sip and said, "Well, you gonna answer my question?"

      He sighed and sat on the opposite side of the counter from me. "It's a bit of a story. I'm here for you, but not to kill you. You're needed in...other ways."

       I raised my eyebrows and sipped my coffee. He took this as an invitation to continue.

        "My boss has taken.. a special interest in you and wants you to serve him personally," he explained.

         I frowned. "So, who's this boss of yours?"

         He sighed and rubbed his eyes, whispering, "It's too early for this." He spoke up and said, "The king of Hell, which is actually Lucifer, for now."

          "No," I breathed out and downed the rest of my coffee. "Say that again, I think I'm just hallucinating from lack of sleep."

          "I promise you're not. You have been chosen to be a personal servant of Lucifer," he said.

           I sigh and say, "Fine. Well, how does this work?"

           "You will be escorted to your room by me today. Lucifer will come visit you at dinner tonight. He will do whatever he does to make his servants immortal. You will never need to sleep again. You can still feel pain, but it is less and never fatal. You will also be able to heal quickly," he said.