Prologue

Author's Note

I would like to do some intro before you proceed.

You see, this is the very first anime fanfiction that I decided to post in a site. I had othed fanfictions before but I lost all of them because my iPad broke. I got kind of sad because I worked really hard typing all of those and now.. I feel like crying, yes.

Okay stop this drama. Haha.

Anyways, please enjoy this short prologue and if you're interested in this fanfiction of mine, please do vote, comment, and wait for the next update.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

It was raining hard when she suddenly called me to come over in front of their house as soon as I can which was deep in the dark alley where us ghouls go. Just right before I was about to ask why, she ended the call right away. I didn't know why she wanted to call me over. It was unexpected. She was acting kind of strange lately. Everytime we're together, I would always hold her hand. But these past weeks, she would pull her hand out and pretended she just wanted to know the time by looking at her wristwatch. I always tried to understand her. I even asked her what's her problem or is something bothering her, and she would always answer, 'I'm good.' which is obviously a lie.

I brought a waterproof jacket and an umbrella with me. Just from afar, I could already see her figure standing straight back at my direction. She was not holding anything. She was certainly wet from the pouring rain. Little by little, the tough rain smoothen and became somewhat soulless. I walked my way towards her slowly. Step by step, I could feel my heart pounding loud. I stopped my feet when she turned around to face me. she smiled. It made my heart pound still. But not for long..

I was too slow back then.

Too slow to react.

Too slow to notice.

Too slow to see.

Too slow to even realize that..

.. she killed me.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •