Chapter 5

Joey eventually walked through the doors when he arrived and found her. He came to the table and leaned over kissing her cheek

"Hey," he said softly, "Everything okay? You look upset," he said concerned. 

"Sit down," she said quietly. 

He went and sat across from her," Okay..is this about tonight? Because I really like you and I got my friend to lend me the boat, you can wear whatever you want and I won't do anything that you don't want me to," he promised. 

Minnie sighed, "No this isn't completely about tonight. I mean it kinda is but isn't. I had a visitor today at the office," she said after a minute.

"Okay... Minnie, you're kinda freaking me out, have I something wrong?" He asked.

"No no... not you... Lydia showed up at my office..." she said.

"Lydia...my ex? I didn't even realize you knew who she was," Joey said to her," Why would she be coming to see you?" 

" Well someone got photos of us together last night. She was trying to put me in my place and basically told me to forget about you," Minnie said softly.

"Seriously?? We've been divorced for a long time what is her deal?" He grumbled frustrates.

"She says she's worried about who you bring around the kids," Minnie said. 

Joey sighed," This is why I never bring anyone home," he said," I was afraid of this. I'm sorry if she upset you. She has no business telling you what you can and can't do. I'm not her husband anymore. She is going to have to deal with this, I like you. I want to spend time with you and if that involves the kids then I will talk to her and them about it."

"So you're not upset with me? Cuz I kinda told her to back off..." she said.

"Of course not," Joey said surprised,' I wish you would have told me earlier. I'm not upset with you, her is another story."

"Well good, come sit by me..." she smiled scooting over in the booth she was in. He anxiously rushed over by her side and kissed her temple.

"I'm sorry about her, I was hoping her drama could have waited to rear it's ugly head," he said. 

Minnie sighed softly," Well I'm not sure she's completely wrong. If I had an ex and kids, I would want to know what kind of influences they were around. I mean I told her I was a good person but that definitely did nothing so yeah." 

"You're a very beautiful person and I'm 1000 percent sure you are amazing on the inside," he said softly to her as he stole a french fry.

"Fry stealer!!!!!!!" She laughed, "trying to use your charm as distraction!!!"

Joey chuckled," Hey if you are going to let it sit there. I mean why let good fries go to waste. I'll feed you tonight," he promised her.

She laughed and they stayed all snuggled up n that booth, them whispering and flirting relentlessly so when we walked her back to work she wasn't expecting the way he held her face gently in his hands. His eyes were flicking from her lips to her eyes, almost like he was debating. Then his lips moved to kiss her forehead but she leaned her head up to capture his lips. She didn't care she needed to feel his lips.