Prologue

Billions and billions of lights as long as Clara can see.

A soft darkness swells beyond them, draping the pleasant nature in different shades of black.

Something red shines beneath it all, lighting up the area she so fascinated watches.

From behind her, Clara hears Amy breathe out. The sound of her best friend constructs the scene even better.

Dazzled Clara turns to face Amy, whose eyes are fixed upon the glowing background.

“Can you believe it?” Clara cheers, seizing Amy’s wrist and attention. The tall girl eyes reflect the stars outside the box, and her lips are twisted in a huge smile.

“Hardly.” She admits and Clara releases the grip of her.

“We have access to every planet,” Clara states. “Every time, every place… we’re awesome.”

Amy laughs, spins around and strides toward the TARDIS console.

When she reaches it, she gently strokes the steering advice. The TARDIS practically purrs under the touch of the ginger woman.

She turns her head to Clara, who still hasn’t closed the TARDIS doors; the sight of space sooths her.

“Where should we go, shortie?” Amy asks, raising an eyebrow challengingly.

“Don’t call me that.” Clara remarks. Taunting her for being short is a favourite thing of Amy’s.

“The question stands.” Amy grins.

“Can’t we stay for a bit longer, just watching the view?” Clara begs, longingly staring out in the filled emptiness.

For a moment Amy remains silent, consider whether she should please her friend or flip the switch that will take them to a whole other place.

Before Amy makes up her mind, the TARDIS doors slam shut. Both girls jump from the loud, sudden bang.

“Did you do that?” Clara looks alarmed.

Amy shakes her head fiercely.

“No.”

A faint croaking sound elopes from the TARDIS.

“Does that mean anything or is it supposed to sound like that?” Clara frowns, backing from the doors.

“I don’t know.” Amy says.

After a few moments of silence, Amy shrugs and grips the lever beside her left hand.

“Anyway,” she smirks. “Let’s see some stuff.” She pulls the lever, which results in a strange sound.

The TARDIS quakes and Clara loses her balance. She staggers a few steps to the side, and tries to grab something to prevent a fall.

Her balance is retrieved when Amy grabs her hand, just a second later.

“I think we’ve landed.” She states as she steadies Clara on her feet.