Chapter 12 part 2

Some Sexual content ahead ;)

Nicole

Sterile.

If there was any word to describe this place it'd be that.

It smelled of soft yet heavy on the nose perfumes and yet a doctors office at the same time.

I had Casandra accompany me today because I was still trying to wrap my head around this whole mating situation and wanted some space . Understanding Casandra relayed the message that Joseph agreed.

"This is where you humans put your elderly?" Casandra asked wearily looking at the residents who were either watching tv or hooked up to an IV.

"Um some people..not all. It's not so bad is it?" I said putting the clip board back on the receptionists desks and walking towards my mothers room.

"We don't have many elders because of being a werewolf it slows down aging, but this just seems like a drop off point before death." She said looking at the old paintings that hung from the walls.

Jeez make me feel like crap more than I already do.

"Mama?" I said knocking before entering her room, I could hear the faint yet loud voice of Steve Harvey and small laugh. 

Her and that damn family fued.

"My baby? Oh how I've missed you." She turned surprised then slowly got up as we met halfway.

Enjoying this moment until it became bitter sweet as I got a bop on the back of my head which made Casandra snicker.

"Mama!"

"How long was I going to have to wait until you came to see your mama again it's been almost two months!?" She said yelling before crossing her arms, and then side-eying  Cassie who was now interested in the fued on tv.

"Who's that girl? Is that girlfriend or a you know?" She questioned before making a gesture with her hand.

Oh gosh here we go.

"A girlfriend."

"No she's not my girlfriend she's my beta, i-i mean bestie" I defended coughing over my words in an attempt to cover them up hoping she'd just get distracted with the tv like Casandra was so the subject would change.

There was an awkward silence.

'What might a blind date conveniently forget to mention about himself?'

"That he's blind." Casandra replies to the television.

Me and mama burst into laughter cutting the awkward tension.

"What is that not correct? It's a blind date, so he's blind right?"

We continue laughing until there was a knock at the door and a smell I was all to familiar with.

"Nicole can we talk?"

Joseph

"Come on bro you can't stay like this, a day has already passed."

I ignored him. With my emotions like this I couldn't or shouldn't be around anyone especially my mate.

I growled at him annoyed he wouldn't leave.

Over the past 24 hours Androse, Ares and myself have been discussing becoming one with our mate and ourselves.

"I'm getting dad." He said taking off sucking his teeth.